Bryant & Stratton Full-Time Instructor-Medical Assisting in Rochester, New York
Rochester, NY, USA
ESSENTIAL POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES/FUNCTIONS
- Provide instruction with the focus on teaching and learning to help assure students in each class successfully meet all course outcomes and classroom objectives.
- Plan for and facilitate instruction consistent with the Community of Inquiry Frameworkand the Seven Principles for Good Practice.
- Assure appropriate course-level rigor in class instruction and assessment methodologies consistent with the College’s Rigor Standards Frameworkthrough the development, integration, and delivery of course content planning documents including but not limited to supplemental syllabi, lesson plans, and assessments.
- Integrate and include instruction and assessment of each of the College’s four lifelong learning competencies in each course taught.
- Establish and maintain a classroom climate consistent with the College values, education promise, and personalized promise.
- Maintain one Skills Assistance contact hour per week for every five instructional hours assigned to support the classroom’s teaching and learning process by publishing a skills assistance schedule each term and actively promoting (and assigning when necessary) student attendance.
- Participate in professional development activities.
- Maintain a current knowledge of teaching discipline/field of study as evidenced by active participation in professional organizations, maintenance of current scholarly collection of resources (through virtual library), and engagement in active, on-going dialogue with peer faculty.
- Participate in program, campus/market, and system faculty development opportunities, including program-specific and campus-wide faculty meetings and in-services and market- and system-sponsored in-services.
- Document professional development and learning in an electronic portfolio (Optimal Resume).
- Fulfill administrative duties.
- Meet requirements for creation, distribution, and retention and/or submission of beginning- and end-of-term paperwork.
- Maintain one Administrative contact hour per week for every five instructional contact hours assigned.
- Adhere to, uphold, and comply with all established operational policies and procedures as described in operating documentation (Official Catalog, Faculty Guide, Associate Guide).
- Participate in curriculum monitoring and development process by providing feedback on curriculum to PDs and/or System-level curriculum team.
- Attend required College functions including graduation and special activities.
- Participate in campus-wide initiatives in support of recruitment, retention, and graduation goal attainment including, but not limited to, monitoring, adjusting (when needed), and assessing classroom and program retention/graduation, and meeting with program advisors on a regular basis to discuss student performance and academic concerns.
QUALIFICATIONS & POSITION REQUIREMENTS
- Master’s degree, in Allied health field, and a current nationally recognized certification or valid license. Example fields: OT, PT, Medical lab technologists, Clinical Lab Tech, medical records, respiratory therapists, and speech language pathologists, licensed M.D., nursing and a license and health care administration with a clinical background and license, CMA/RMA.
- Teaching experience preferred
- Discipline-specific workplace experiences a plus
- Possess and exhibit qualities of professionalism, integrity, self-esteem, self-motivation, and a strong desire to guide students to improve their career prospects.
- Expected to maintain a contemporary skill set in support of active learning and authentic assessment evaluation methodology.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
Position requires standing or sitting in a stationary position as well as the occasional need to lift, carry, push and/or move objects up to 10 pounds. Position also requires the use of computer technology/equipment.
Dedicated:Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
Ability to Make an Impact:Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization
Masters or better
Licenses & Certifications
Added to Application
Posted: April 30, 2019