University of Rochester Analyst/Programmer Sr in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 054 University IT / EA
8 AM-5 PM
The University of Rochester requires an Analyst/Programmer – Advancement. This person will provide technical expertise in the design, development, testing, implementation, maintenance and delivery of system configurations, customizations, and interfaces for an Ellucian Web Application for the University.
This individual will:
- Participate in advancement system projects as assigned; developing project plans and estimates.May evaluate and recommend testing of new procedures and software.
- Configure, test, and implement business, security and data validation rules.
- Design, develop, test and implement interface programs, application configurations, enhancements, and customizations.
- Support web interface design, development, and configuration.
- Participate in ongoing stabilization, support, and maintenance.
- Assure best practice change and code management is followed, and supporting technical documentation is organized and maintained.
- Maintain a broad knowledge of technology, equipment, and systems.
- Work with users to understand and document business requirements.Assist in the translation of the business requirements into configurable software rules.
- Participate in an on-call support rotation as required.
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in related discipline such as Computer Science, Business, Mathematics, Statistics, Science or Engineering; and 3-4 years of related experience, preferably 1-2 years in a supervisory capacity; or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Master's degree preferred.
- Proficiency in Oracle SQL and PL/SQL required.
- Proficiency in Linux/Unix shell scripting required.
- Experience in higher education field preferred.
- Experience with Ellucian Advance application preferred.
- Experience with web services and integrations preferred.
- Experience with Dell Boomi or similar web integration tools preferred.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Demonstrated proficiency with Oracle on Linux/Unix DBMS environments
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to work well as part of an integrated cross functional team.
- Strong personal initiative and ability to work independently.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communications skills.
- Ability to translate business needs into solution requirements.
- Proficiency in Intranet based applications.
- Ability to provide on-call support as required.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Analyst/Programmer Sr
Location: Central Administration
Job ID: 204528
Full/Part Time: Full-Time