Capital One Senior Software Engineer, Open Source in Richmond, Virginia
West Creek 4 (12074), United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Senior Software Engineer, Open Source
As a Capital One Senior Software Engineer, you will have the opportunity to work on everything from
customer-facing web and mobile applications using cutting-edge open source frameworks, to highly-
available RESTful services, to back-end Java. We are looking for Engineers with solid experience in
emerging and traditional technologies such as: Java, AngularJS, Python, REST, JSON, HTML / HTML5,
relational databases, Chef, Maven, AWS/Cloud Infrastructure, Jenkins, to name a few.
What you’ll do:
● Work on building web-based products that are easy to maintain, build incrementally and boasts
of excellent end user experience.
● Support end-to-end Automation of application delivery, including infrastructure provisioning and
integration with Continuous Integration/Continuous Development (CI/CD) platforms, using
existing and emerging technologies.
● Work with product owners to understand desired application capabilities and testing scenarios
● Lead the craftsmanship, availability, resilience, and scalability of your solutions
● Work within and across Agile teams
● Continuously improve software engineering practices
● Bring a passion to stay on top of tech trends, experiment with and learn new technologies,
participate in internal & external technology communities, and mentor other members of the
● Encourage innovation, implementation of cutting-edge technologies, inclusion, outside-of-the-box
thinking, teamwork, self-organization, and diversity
● Bachelor’s Degree
● At least 1 year of experience with Open Source web technologies (Spring, Flask, Django etc)
● 5 years of experience in software development
● 1 year of experience deploying distributed web applications with AWS
● 1 year of experience with REST/web services
● 1 year of experience with front-end framework (AngularJS, VueJS, React)
● 1 year of experience in RDBMS
● 1 year of experience in Agile practices
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this