Federal Reserve Bank Project Manager-Advanced in Richmond, Virginia
The mission of the Federal Reserve System is to foster the stability, integrity, and efficiency of the nation’s monetary, financial, and payments systems to promote optimal economic performance. Within this broad context the vital mission of the National IT Services is to deliver superior value to our customers through world-class IT services and solutions that are responsive to business needs, adaptive to change, and essential to the mission of the Federal Reserve System.
Job Summary: *
Provides expertise and direction on small to large-scale complex projects. Offers varying levels of project management oversight and directly influences activities on business-critical projects from the conceptual phase through solution implementation and project close. Serves as a single point-of-contact for and interfaces with all areas affected by projects. Uses industry-standard best practices in order to assure delivery of project goals, objectives, milestones and deliverables, as well as compliance with all project management processes. May direct work of matrixed teams. Advanced level position is recognized as an advanced contributor and subject matter expert in field.
*Principal Duties and Responsibilities: *
1) Oversees and directly influences complex and critical projects from conceptual phase through implementation, and completion. Anticipates high level needs for clients and other resources, provides recommendations and prioritizes established requirements.
2) Demonstrates familiarity with multiple work management methodologies (AGILE, Waterfall, Lean SixSigma) and exercises judgement on which to use to best meet the client goals. As appropriate within the methodology, develops and maintains sprint plans, detailed project plans etc. that clearly define the requirements, identify resource needs, establish clear and achievable objectives, balances competing demands to ensure project is completed on time, and is within the approved budget.
3) Oversees and leads efforts to anticipate or identify risk/issues, develop sustainable process improvement recommendations and corrective action plans to meet customer requirements.
4) Monitors and evaluates progress and performance against the project plan and, keep leadership informed of key issues that may impact project completion, accountable to develop resolution of time critical issues and minimize delays.
5) Generates timely and appropriate communications to clients and resources regarding the status of project by preparing and presenting detailed status reports.
6) Ensures that projects comply with division policies, quality standards and regulatory and statutory requirements as outlined by the Program Management Office (PMO).
7) Performs other related duties as assigned.
Position Requirements: *
Knowledge: Advanced knowledge pertaining to concepts and principles in functional area. General knowledge of department/business lines, Reserve Banks, and / or System operations, policies, procedures and technologies.
Communications: Excellent organizational and communication skills, creativity, attention to detail (compliance), and negotiation skills to interpret results, develop communications and recommend improvements. Able to present information within all settings in a credible, confident and influential manner. Communicates in a concise, direct and purposeful way. Excellent customer service skills and demonstrated ability to interact with anticipated audiences in a courteous, service-oriented manner.
Risk Management: The Project Manager-Advanced is responsible for understanding and applying risk management discipline in decision making, and contributing to his or her function's risk management.
Decision Making: Works independently on broad assignments or under general directions as to scope or objectives. Makes decisions within established or widely accepted standards. Achieves assigned/planned results by decisions and actions based on professional methods, training, business principles, and practical experience.
Collaboration: [The individual] is capable of building durable partnerships within teams and with clients to drive work forward. Demonstrates willingness to reach across organizational or functional boundaries to influence work, connect dots, and/or help resolve client concerns.
*Other/Additional Requirements: *
Working Conditions: Will require the use of standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, etc.
Physical Demands: Requires some degree of sitting (for prolonged periods of time), standing, lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling less than 20 Ibs.
Hours of work: May require extended work hours. Occasional travel including overnight stays may be necessary.
This position requires U.S. Citizenship or US Permanent Resident Status with three or more years of U.S. residency.
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience/Master's Degree may be preferred with 10 years of relevant work experience.
Preferred experience: 10 years of project and/or program management experience; experience across multiple methodologies preferred.
*Denotes essential duties and/or any physical requirements required to perform essential duties for the role.
The Project Manager-Advanced hiring range is: Richmond / National: $105,400-$131,700; NY Market: $131,700-$164,600.
Candidate should review the FRB Employee Code of Conduct to ensure compliance with issues related to previous employment and prohibited financial interests. The Code is available on the About Us, Careers webpage at www.richmondfed.org
The response deadline for this position is February 25, 2019.
Organization: *Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond
Title: Project Manager-Advanced
Requisition ID: 258610
Other Locations: MO-St. Louis, TX-Dallas, MO-Kansas City, NY-New York City