City of Richmond - Utilities Management Analyst, Associate in Richmond, Virginia
This class provides administration of programs and projects, and performs operational and financial analysis. Incumbents provide professional support of a program, project, or work unit requiring a substantive knowledge of applicable policies, practices, and procedures to select and apply the most appropriate approach. As assigned, work may include: data gathering, data compilation, basic analysis, and developing recommendations and reports; coordinating the administrative and procedural aspects of programs or projects to assist senior analytical staff and supervisors/managers; serving as a liaison to functions outside of the department, as well as to boards and committees; processing transactions, including but not limited to department/work unit payroll, accounts payable/receivable, purchase orders and requisitions, invoices, contracts, and personnel forms; serving as the primary point of contact for information dissemination and data gathering; preparing newsletters and marketing materials; updating and maintaining website information; updating and maintaining databases; assisting with the development and editing of policies and procedures, recommending changes, drafting language, and ensuring dissemination of same; coordinating program functions and events; and providing technical assistance and training.
As assigned, incumbents may serve as lead workers, assigning work and monitoring work completion. Incumbents may assist with supervising paraprofessional and support level staff including assisting with performance evaluations, coordinating training, and implementing hiring, discipline, and termination procedures.
- Exercised: This classification typically does not supervise other employees, but may serve as a lead worker;
- Received:This classification typically reports to a supervisor or manager;
- Note: Other reporting relationships may apply.
Example of Duties:
The Department of Fire and Emergency Services is seeking a highly qualified and skilled candidate for the position of Management Analyst, Associate to perform complex purchasing and procurement duties for the Department.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Preparing purchase orders for purchases less than $5K;
- Entering requisitions for purchases in excess of $5K;
- Preparing and distributing Requests for Quotes for purchases less than $50K and managing all processes related to small purchases
- Assisting with monitoring and managing Purchasing Card (P-card) transactions and records;
- Developing and revising Scopes of Work and Statements of Needs in preparation for solicitation;
- Preparing and recommending contract renewals, modifications, and/or extensions;
- Reviewing bids and proposals for a wide range of complex goods and services;
- Reviewing complicated bids, making recommendations on awards, and inputting data into automated purchasing system;
- Tracking and maintaining records regarding contract renewals, solicitations, and ensure all procurement activities are completed timely and accurately;
- Archiving contracts and managing purchasing documents for departmental purposes;
- Assisting in developing and maintaining contracts for professional and non-professional services.
- Processing Grant/Special Fund Requisitions;
- Processing travel/training requests;
- Ensuring all procurement supporting documentation is maintained and properly filed.
This position is considered an Essential Personnel, which means that the incumbent is required to work when the City is closed due to public emergencies, critical or hazardous conditions or inclement weather.
Qualifications, Special Certifications and Licenses:
MINIMUM TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in business/public administration or field related to assignment;
- Two years of paraprofessional experience in area related to assignment, such as assisting with program or project administration and management analysis;
- An equivalent combination of training and experience (as approved by the department) may be used to meet the minimum qualifications of the classification.
PREFERRED TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE::
- Training experience is a plus;
- VCO/VCCO, CPM, CPPO, CPCM or other purchasing certification are desirable;
- Valid Driver's License.
LICENSING, CERTIFICATIONS, and OTHER SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Some assignments may require a valid Driver's License with a satisfactory driving record, and a valid Commonwealth of VirginiaDriver's License within 30 days of hire.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
TYPICAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES: These are a representative sample; position assignments may vary.
Knowledge (some combination of the following):
- General and special funds
- Electronic databases and related software applications
- Governmental accounting concepts
- Intermediate to advanced level mathematics and statistics as applicable to appraisal measures and assessment ratio studies
- Thorough knowledge of computer programs such as Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Acrobat
Skills (some combination of the following):
- Analyzing and aggregating data
- Analyzing and interpreting manuals and operating procedures
- Assisting with special projects and programs
- Communicating with various internal and external departments effectively
- Communicating results of analyses and recommendations professionally and effectively with senior management and peers
- Conducting basic analyses
- Developing manuals and operating procedures as necessary
- Developing recommendations and reports
- Gathering and compiling data
- Maintaining records, data, and other information in department of focus
- Performing various administrative duties such as answering phones, ordering supplies, etc.
- Planning and prioritizing
- Proofreading and editing
- Preparing and submitting documents related to focus area
- Working in a team environment
Abilities (some combination of the following):
- Customer service
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Problem solving
- Team player
- Time management
Americans with Disabilities Act Requirements:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job. Prospective and current employees are invited to discuss accommodations.
ENVIRONMENTAL HAZARDS: Working conditions may include exposure to travel to other locations within the City of Richmond as well as outside of the City of Richmond; exposure to hazardous physical conditions such as mechanical parts, electrical currents, vibrations, etc.; atmospheric conditions such as fumes, odors, dusts, gases, and poor ventilation; inadequate lighting; intense noise; and environmental hazards such as disruptive people, imminent danger, and a threatening environment.
Physical Requirements and Working Environment Due to the nature of work assignments, incumbents must be able to perform detailed work on multiple, concurrent tasks, with frequent interruptions and under time constraint. The essential duties of this classification may require the ability to regularly talk, hear, and see; frequently reach and perform repetitive motions; and occasionally stoop, kneel, crouch, stand, walk, push, pull, lift, finger, grasp, and feel. The working conditions may not include environmental hazards. In terms of the physical strength to perform the essential duties, this classification is considered to be sedentary, exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, and a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to move objects.
Job Title: Management Analyst, Associate
Closing Date/Time: Sun. 08/04/19 11:59 PM Eastern Time
Salary: $17.32 - $31.10 Hourly $1,385.77 - $2,487.69 Biweekly $36,030.00 - $64,680.00 Annually
Job Type: Full-Time
Location: 201 E. Franklin Street, Richmond, Virginia
Department: Fire & Emergency