Capital One Director, Product Management, Voice Quality and Insights in Richmond, Virginia
West Creek 1 (12071), United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Director, Product Management, Voice Quality and Insights
If you have the drive for building amazing digital products that impact the lives of millions daily, we want you! As part of the Product Management team within Capital One, you'll be responsible for driving radical change while leading our critical imaging platform that includes customer facing capabilities, data science, and unlocking machine learning capabilities. To fit in, you’ll need to be equally comfortable talking to techies in our sprint teams as you are communicating with our analytically minded bankers.
We are looking for highly motivated individuals who enjoy the challenge of improving our customer experience and creating amazing platforms leveraging data science and machine learning. Things that might tip us off you’re not the right person for this position:
• You think Square is just a geometric shape
• Rasberry Pi looks misspelled
• A mobile wallet is your money running away from you
• Thinking about your money gives you hives
In this role you will:
• Lead a highly dynamic and multi-disciplinary team supporting our Voice Quality and Insights platform, capabilities, and long term vision. You will translate business strategies into products that improve our customer interactions, reduce risk and position our company for substantial growth and disruption.
• As the owner of our Voice Quality strategy and platform - you will be accountable for internal customer facing capabilities, client needs, product marketing and a data strategy involving streaming data and machine learning.
• Collaborate with internal enterprise partners. You will be exceptional at developing and nurturing relationships with key internal stakeholders and influence partners in support of Capital One’s lines of business.
The successful candidate will be able to understand customer expectations; industry best practices; current gaps & technical constraints; participate in defining the product vision; developing a multi-team roadmap and ultimately partner with Tech teams, Operations, Data Science, enterprise teams (e.g. Legal, Compliance) to deliver the optimal customer experience and business value. The Product Manager will be responsible for communicating within the cross-functional team and on behalf of the team to stakeholders and executives.
Bachelor’s Degree or military experience
At least 7 years of experience in digital product management
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering
MBA or Master’s degree
5-7 years of experience translating business strategy and analysis into consumer facing digital products
5-7 years of experience in Agile product management
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.