Virginia Commonwealth University Director, Langston Center for Innovation in Quality and Safety in Richmond, Virginia
School/Unit: School of Nursing
Department: Adult Health & Nursing Systems
Purpose of Position:
The Director of the Langston Center for Innovation in Quality and Safety oversees all aspects of the Center’s mission, program planning, funding, organizational alignment, and outcomes. The Director plans and executes programs that advance quality science, safety, and innovation within the VCU academic medical center, Richmond community, and School of Nursing. The director serves as a catalyst for research and scholarship consistent with the Center’s priorities and provides for the development of scholar-practitioners and scholar-scientists who can advance patient and organizational outcomes. The Director is an engaged clinician, educator, and/or scientist in the field of health systems quality and safety.
The director carries a full-time tenured or non-tenured faculty appointment in the School of Nursing. The position represents up to 50% administrative effort with the remaining time engaged in teaching, scholarship, and service within the school and/or university.
• Fulfills the mission, purpose and goals of the Center as defined and ensures their continued relevance.
• Develops cutting-edge programs that advance innovation in quality and safety, bringing new knowledge, experts, and resources to the academic and service communities.
• Ensures grant and philanthropic funding to advance the Center’s mission and viability.
• Engages with the Associate Deans for Research and Academic Affairs to establish policies and practices that advance each respective mission, including that of the Center.
• Prepares and administers the Center’s budget in accordance with the fiscal practices of the School of Nursing.
• Participates in meetings at VCU Health that advance healthcare innovation leading to improvements in quality and safety, serving as an ambassador for the School of Nursing and the Center.
• Participates in assigned School of Nursing meetings, committees, and task forces.
• Prepares grants, marketing materials, reports and other Center-related documents.
• Uses and advances the Center’s national advisory board as a means to test ideas, seek resources, review outcomes.
• Develops programs and courses that develop faculty, practitioners, and students in the field of quality, safety, and innovation science.
• Provides instruction and/or conducts research congruent with the goals of the Center.
• Partners with quality and safety-based organizations to keep abreast of and disseminate/incorporate trends and issues that impact quality and safety (such as IHI, QSEN and others).
• Mentors developing scholar-practitioners and scholar-scientists, including but not limited to serving on dissertation or project committees.
• Fulfills duties and responsibilities consistent with rank and promotion guidelines/expectations.
• Earned doctorate in nursing or related field with field-based or academic experience consistent with Associate or Full Professor.
• Defined experience in developing relationships, programs, and courses with a decided emphasis on innovation, quality, and safety.
• Experience in developing and administering budgets, strategic, and operational plans.
• Experience in leading change
• Registered Nurse
• National certification in quality or safety
• Active participation at national level in quality or safety organizations
• Success in securing funding through grants or philanthropic endeavors.
• Experience in Quality and Safety Research in traditional and translational research
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: www.vcujobs.com
Virginia Commonwealth University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action institution providing access to education and employment without regard to age, race, color, national origin, gender, religion, sexual orientation, veteran's status, political affiliation or disability.