Bon Secours Health System COMMUNITY CLINICAL NUTRITIONIST in RICHMOND, Virginia
COMMUNITY CLINICAL NUTRITIONIST
BON SECOURS RICHMOND CARE A VAN SERVICES
Plans, arranges and conducts the nutrition assessment and counseling as well as the outreach component of Bon Secours Richmond’s community health programs for the Care A Vans and other community programs to promote health and dietary management of chronic diseases.
- Work requires a level of specialized knowledge of nutrition and diet therapy normally acquired through a Bachelor’s or Master’s
degree in Dietetics and a supervised practice experience in food and nutrition, or a dietetic internship. Must be registered
through The Commission on Dietetic Registration as a dietitian. A background in public health or Master’s in Public Health is
- Must be able to demonstrate knowledge and skills necessary to provide all aspects of nutrition care appropriate to the age of
patients being served.
- The individual must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development, and possess the ability to screen
patients to identify those at nutrition risk, interpret data to assess individual patient’s nutritional requirements, coordinate and
provide appropriate nutrition therapy and diet education relative to patient age, physician orders and established standards of
care. Level of performance is guided by The American Dietetic Association Standards of Professional Practice.
- Must demonstrate knowledge of principles and practices of public health nutrition. Work requires a thorough knowledge of the
nutrition components of various community health programs, e.g., WIC.
Prior experience in an outpatient setting including at least one year of therapeutic diet counseling is helpful.
Work requires substantial communication and interpersonal skills to interview and instruct patients in a community setting,
present in-services and community programs, and work effectively with hospital and community partners.
- Work requires the ability to use a calculator and access information within an Electronic Medical Record system.
8:00 AM – 4:30 PM
Bon Secours Richmond
RHS -SHARED SERVICES
Shift (check all that apply):
Is driving record considered for this job?:
Is credit history considered for this job?:
At Bon Secours, we believe in Right Relationships and as an organization we are fully committed to equal employment opportunity. In keeping with federal, state and local laws, Bon Secours Health System, Inc. policy forbids employees and associates to discriminate against anyone based on race, religion, color, gender, age, marital status, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Bon Secours also provides reasonable accommodations to disabled employees and applicants as required by law.
Bon Secours Health System
- Bon Secours Health System Jobs