U.S. Army Joint Munitions Command Materials Examiner and Identifier Supervisor in Richmond, Kentucky
About the Position:This position is with the Blue Grass Army Depot located in Richmond, KY. Richmond is the home of Eastern Kentucky University and is 20 miles south of Lexington, the Horse Capital of the World and regional center to the Kentucky Bourbon Trail. We are also located 90 miles from Louisville, KY, home of the Kentucky Derby and 70 miles from Cincinnati OH.
Learn more about this agency
- The incumbent serves as supervisor for the operations of the Blue Grass Army Depot (BGAD) Qualified Recycling Program (QRP).
- Supervises workers in accomplishing the duties of examining, identifying, sorting, staging, and storing materials received by the QRP. Plans weekly or monthly work schedules and the sequence of operations at the QRP.
- Assesses workload and distributes among subordinate staff to maximize efficiency of operations.
- Establishes deadlines and priorities based on general work schedules and methods and policies established by higher level supervisors.
- Explains work requirements, methods and procedures, and provides detailed instructions to subordinates on new procedures.
- The incumbent is expected to apply established procedures, written manuals, technical instructions, and a variety of other written documents to make decisions, and shall be responsible for communicating the information to subordinates and customers.
- Incumbent must possess knowledge and ability to examine materials received (wide variety of possible recyclables or reusables) and determine whether such materials may be recycled in accordance with federal and state law.
- On a continual basis, identifies potential hazards to workers and instructs workers on hazard identification, safety procedures, controls required, and the personal protective equipment (PPE) necessary to protect themselves and others nearby.
- The incumbent shall operate fork trucks, pickup trucks, and other vehicles and machinery as necessary and in accordance with current training and qualifications (including licenses) held.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position 5%
- #### Job family (Series)
6912 Materials Examining And Identifying
Conditions of Employment
- This position has a Temporary Duty (TDY) or business travel requirement of 5% of the time.
- This position requires the incumbent be able to obtain and maintain a determination of eligibility for a Secret security clearance or access for the duration of employment.
- This position requires the completion of a pre-employment Physical Examination and an annual examination thereafter to ensure the continued, required level of physical health and ability or fitness to perform the duties of the position.
- This position requires the incumbent obtain and maintain a valid government drivers license
- This position requires the incumbent participate in the Chemical Accident/Incident Response and Assistance (CAIRA) situations and serve on teams dedicated to controlling CAIRA situations after being trained for particular duty involved.
- This position requires a Fork lift license to be obtained and maintained for the duration of employment
- This position is subject to pre-employment drug screening and random screening thereafter for the duration of employment
Who May Apply: Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive list of document requirements for all employment authorities.
- Current Department of Army Civilian Employees
- Current Permanent Department of Defense (DOD) Civilian Employee (non-Army)
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan
- Priority Placement Program (PPP), Program S (Military Spouse) registrant
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
There is no specific length of training or experience required. However, you must be able to demonstrate, through experience shown in your written application materials that you possess the sufficient knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully perform the work of this position without more than normal supervision.
Minimum Qualifications (Screen Out Element): Ability to do the work of an Materials Examiner and Identifier Supervisor without more than normal supervision. Leading workers in accomplishing the duties of examining, identifying, sorting, staging, and storing materials received by the Qualified Recycling Program (QRP). Planning weekly or monthly work schedules and the sequence of operations at the QRP. Assesses workload and distributes among subordinate staff to maximize efficiency of operations. Establishes deadlines and priorities based on general work schedules and methods and policies established by higher level supervisors. I am skilled in communicating to higher level supervisors the status of operations, identifying potential hazards to workers and instructing workers on hazard identification, safety procedures, controls required, and the personal protective equipment (PPE) necessary to protect themselves and others nearby. Establish procedures, written manuals, technical instructions, and a variety of other written documents to make decisions, and responsible for communicating the information to co-workers and customers. - Failure to meet this Screen Out Element will result in an ineligible rating.
- Ability to Interpret Instructions, Specification, etc.
- Ability To Lead or Supervise
- Dexterity and Safety
- Knowledge of Materials
- Technical Practices (theoretical, precise, artistic)
Physical Efforts: In performance of supervisory responsibilities, assignments may require working in tiring and uncomfortable positions for a short duration; including standing, walking, bending, stooping, and pushing or pulling material. Incumbent must have the ability to manually lift and carry supplies, materials, and equipment weighing up to fifty pounds.
Working Conditions: Work is performed mostly inside with occasional exposure to outdoor conditions. Conditions may involve substantial heat, cold, rain, and other weather as may occur. Work may be performed in proximity to moving vehicles, while either mounted or dismounted, and such vehicles as may or may not be working directly with the incumbent. Work occurs with, and in proximity to, machinery, including rotating machinery and other machinery with moving parts, conveyors, and components. Work occurs with, or in proximity to, materials potentially containing hazardous materials or hazardous wastes.
Some federal jobs allow you to substitute your education for the required experience in order to qualify. For this job, you must meet the qualification requirement using experience alone--no substitution of education for experience is permitted.
This position may be filled as a temporary promotion or temporary reassignment not to exceed one year by a current permanent Army employee. Temporary promotions or temporary reassignments may be extended for a maximum of five years, and may be made permanent without further competition. If a current permanent Army employee is selected, they will be returned to the position from which they were temporarily promoted, or to a different position of equivalent grade and pay.
Position may be filled as a term appointment not to exceed 366 days, if the candidate is not a current Army employee. Term appointments may be extended up to a maximum of eight years.
Although Term employees often are hired following the same competitive procedures that are used for hiring permanent employees, Term employees do not have status in the competitive service. Consequently, unless they attained status through an earlier appointment, they cannot be selected from their Term appointment for permanent career or career conditional appointments through internal merit promotion procedures. Such conversions cannot occur without special legal authority. Male applicants born after December 31, 1959, must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- Two year trial/probationary period may be required.
- Direct deposit of pay is required.
- This is a Career Program (CP) 13 position.
- Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees.
- If you have retired from federal service and you are interested in employment as a reemployed annuitant, see the information in the Reemployed Annuitant information sheet.
- Salary includes applicable locality pay or Local Market Supplement.
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP). If you are a Federal employee in the competitive service and your agency has notified you in writing that you are a displaced employee eligible for ICTAP consideration, you may receive selection priority. To receive selection priority for this position, you must: (1) meet ICTAP eligibility criteria; (2) be rated well-qualified for the position with a score of 90 or above; and, (3) submit the appropriate documentation to support your ICTAP eligibility. Additional information about the program is on OPM's Career Transition Resources website.
- If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application.
- Work Schedule: Full-Time
- FLSA: Exempt
- Bargaining Unit: No
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Once the announcement has closed, a review of your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be used to determine whether you meet the qualification requirements listed on this announcement. If you are minimally qualified, your résumé and supporting documentation will be compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine your level of experience. If, after reviewing your résumé and/or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and/or experience, you may lose consideration for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully when applying, errors or omissions may affect your eligibility.
You should list any relevant performance appraisals and incentive awards in your resume as that information may be taken into consideration during the selection process. If selected, you may be required to provide supporting documentation.
Background checks and security clearance
Drug test required
- Required Documents
The documents you are required to submit vary based on the authority you are using to apply (i.e., applying as a veteran, applying as a current permanent Federal employee, applying as a reinstatement, etc). Please review the following links to see which documents you need to provide to prove your eligibility to apply: Applicant Merit Checklist and Proof of Eligibility.
As described above, your complete application includes your resume, your responses to the online questionnaire, and documents which prove your eligibility to apply.** If you fail to provide these documents, you will be marked as having an incomplete application package and you will not be considered any further.
- Your resume:**
- Your resume may be submitted in any format and must support the specialized experience described in this announcement.
- If your resume includes a photograph or other inappropriate material or content, it will not be used to make eligibility and qualification determinations and you may not be considered for this vacancy.
- For qualifications determinations your resume must contain hours worked per week and the dates of employment (i.e., HRS per week and month/year to month/year or month/year to present). If your resume does not contain this information, your application may be marked as incomplete and you may not receive consideration for this position.
- For additional information see: What to include in your resume.
- Other supporting documents:
- Cover Letter, optional
- Most recent Performance Appraisal, if applicable
- Proof of Eligibility to Apply:Your application must include the documents which prove you are eligible to apply for the vacancy. The Proof of Eligibility document describes authorities commonly used in merit promotion recruitment and what document(s) are required to prove you meet the requirements of the authority. You must meet the requirements of at least one of the authorities listed in the Who May Apply section above to receive further consideration. NOTE: Documents submitted as part of the application package, to include supplemental documents, may be shared beyond the Human Resources Office. Some supplemental documents such as military orders and marriage certificates may contain personal information for someone other than you. You may sanitize these documents to remove another person's personal information before you submit your application. You may be asked to provide an un-sanitized version of the documents if you are selected to confirm your eligibility.
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits.
Review our benefits
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
- How to Apply
How to Apply
To apply for this position, you must complete the online questionnaire and submit the documentation specified in the Required Documents section above.
The complete application package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (EST) on 12/17/2018 to receive consideration.
- To begin, click Applyto access the online application. You will need to be logged into your USAJOBS account to apply. If you do not have a USAJOBS account, you will need to create one before beginning the application (https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/10359162).
- Follow the prompts to select your résumé and/or other supporting documentsto be included with your application package. You will have the opportunity to upload additional documents to include in your application before it is submitted. Your uploaded documents may take several hours to clear the virus scan process.
- After acknowledging you have reviewed your application package, complete the Include Personal Information section as you deem appropriate and click to continue with the application process.
- You will be taken to the online application which you must complete in order to apply for the position. Complete the online application, verify the required documentation is included with your application package, and submit the application. You must re-select your resume and/or other documents from your USAJOBS account or your application will be incomplete.
- It is your responsibility to verify that your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) is complete, accurate, and submitted by the closing date. Uploaded documents may take up to one hour to clear the virus scan.
- Additional information on how to complete the online application process and submit your online application may be found on the USA Staffing Applicant Resource Center. To verify the status of your application, log into your USAJOBS account (https://my.usajobs.gov/Account/Login), all of your applications will appear on the Welcome screen. The Application Status will appear along with the date your application was last updated. For information on what each Application Status means, visit: https://www.usajobs.gov/Help/how-to/application/status/.
Agency contact information
Army Applicant Help Desk
AU-APF-W0L7AA BLUEGRASS ARMY DEPOT DO NOT MAIL Richmond, KY 40475 US
Learn more about this agency
If you have questions regarding this job posting please visit https://portal.chra.army.mil/hrpublic?id=formpublic&sys;id=-1&table;=uapplicationinquirystagingand complete the online submission form. To expedite the process please include the Job announcement number, which can be found at the top, right hand side of the job announcement.
If you provided an email address, you will receive an email message acknowledging receipt of your application. Your application package will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking for this position. If you are determined to be ineligible or not qualified, your application will receive no further consideration.
- Fair & Transparent
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
- Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) for federal employees & job applicants
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should follow the instructions in the job opportunity announcement. For any part of the remaining hiring process, applicants should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Learn more about disability employment and reasonable accommodations or how to contact an agency.
Legal and regulatory guidance
- Financial suitability
- Social security number request
- Privacy Act
- Signature and false statements
- Selective Service
- New employee probationary period
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/518793300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.
Open & closing dates: 12/07/2018 to 12/17/2018
Pay scale & grade: WS 8
Salary: $28.07 to $32.75 per hour
Appointment type: Multiple Appointment Types
Work schedule: Full-Time - Monday through Thursday from 0630-1700