Inogen, Inc. Team Lead Reimbursement Advocate (74174) in Richardson, Texas
ABOUT INOGEN Inogen was founded in 2001 to improve quality of life and increase freedom and independence for oxygen therapy users. Inogen is innovation in oxygen therapy. The Inogen mission is to improve freedom and independence for oxygen therapy patients through innovative products and services. Inogen is a manufacturer and Accredited Homecare Provider.
Inogen is focused on quality care, continuous improvement, and outstanding customer satisfaction. We are a stable, USA based company dedicated to providing an exciting and rewarding career to our employees. We completed a successful Initial Public Offering on the NASDAQ in 2014 and have demonstrated substantial growth over the last five years. Our work environment is casual yet high performing, and we are looking for seriously talented, motivated, and fast-paced professionals to join our team.
JOB DESCRIPTION* *
Team Lead Reimbursement Advocate will work with Medicare, Medicaid, Commercial Insurance companies and customers to ensure medical claims are submitted, processed, and paid accurately. This role is expected to meet and/or exceed daily/weekly production & quality goals and will carry out Inogen's core values.
- Collect payments for outstanding open accounts receivable balances.
- Works with Medicare, Medicaid, Commercial Insurance, and Private Pay to ensure medical claims are being processed timely and paid accurately.
- Must meet/exceed daily/weekly production & quality KPI
- Analyzes payer claim denials to determine root cause and prevention of future denials.
- Gathers, prepares, and submits required information and/or documentation to appeal claim denials.
- Review/Approve junior team member's write-off batches, to ensure appropriate write off reason code(s) are being used per Inogen's policy.
- Responsible for assisting our patients, doctors, customers, and coworkers with billing inquiries at the highest-level support possible. This includes inbound phone calls.
- Ensures the billing of all claims via electronic or paper to Medicare, Medicaid, and Commercial Insurance payers are being submitted accurately and timely in accordance with Inogen's policy.
- Verifies and evaluates insurance benefits to determine the policy's compatibility with Inogen's services
- Ensures the timely procurement of all required documentation.
- Ensures that appropriate medical records are maintained according to HIPPA guidelines
- Ensures Inogen's compliance with all state and federal regulations
- Assists junior team members with claim denial issues and/or questions
- Responsible for reporting & analysis of daily/weekly/monthly reporting of department metrics/KPI's. This includes the development of an action plan to address issues that may arise.
- Helps define improved departmental processes & workflow. To include training of new hires and existing team members.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Do you possess these abilities?
- A comprehensive understanding of Medicare, Medicaid, and/or Commercial Insurance program rules as it pertains to DME billing.
- Ability to take direction and communicate effectively with customers and employees at all level of organization.
- Excellent computer skills including Excel, and Word.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and dynamically changing organization.
- Minimum of 3 years of Medicare, Medicaid and/or Commercial Insurance billing experience generally required, oxygen and/or HME billing experience a plus.
- Minimum of 3+ years as an Inogen employee with Satisfactory Performance or better preferred
- Behavior consistent with Inogen Core Values
- Ability to assist & lead junior level Reimbursement Advocates activities
- Associates degree preferred
- Excellent computer skills required, to include the ability to run & understand department daily reports.
WHY INOGEN Inogen is a dynamic company that is not only focused on quality care of patients, but is also committed to being a top employer. Each of Inogen' s offices have a casual culture that supports employees being responsible and developing professionals.
We offer competitive salaries and a robust benefit package:
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan 401 (K) plan available for all employees Health, dental, vision insurance Flexible spending accounts and wellness discount program Life Insurance Long Term Disability Robust paid time off and 8 paid holidays Employee Assistance Program
See the Inogen Team in action:
Inogen Where we go to work hard to positively impact people's lives
Inogen is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement are available here:http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm;http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCPEEOSupplementFinalJRFQA508c.pdf. The pay transparency policy is available here:http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/EO13665PrescribedNondiscriminationPostingLanguageJRFQA508c.pdf.
Inogen is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call (972) 616-5668 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Location: Richardson, TX, USA
Employment Type: Full Time