Daifuku Web Holding Company AFA Assembler I 3rd Shift in Reynoldsburg, Ohio
Daifuku America Corporation is a leader in Design, Manufacturing, Installation and Support of automotive automation/material handling systems in North America. The company is currently seeking an experienced Assembler I for the facility in Reynoldsburg, OH.
The primary goal is satisfying customer requirements of quality, quantity, and delivery, in a safe manner, while maximizing productivity. Specifically, the Assembler I is responsible for all job activities required to support production processes. These activities include but are not limited to: performing mechanical assembly work which is typically of high complexity and/or requires fitting, alignment and adjustment of components, units and assemblies to very close tolerances.
- Read and understand blue prints and/or verbal and written instructions with minimal supervision
- Be able to locate all parts and hardware as needed
- Part inspection before assembly
- Layout work
- Assemble product as needed, shimming, grinding, setting dimensions
- Assemble larger parts to maintain working order and disassemble for shipping as needed
- Touch up paint, clean up, and get ready for shipping
- Documents actions of final assemblies by completing production and quality forms
- Resolves assembly problems by altering dimensions to meet specifications; notifying supervisor to obtain additional resources
- Follows all plant safety guidelines, practices and procedures. Also, be aware of activity in the work surroundings and maintain a clean and safe work area
- Properly use personal protective equipment when required
- Maintain regular attendance – have reliable means of transportation
- Perform other tasks as assigned
Prior manufacturing experience is highly preferred. Any technical or vocational education/training in relation to skills listed below is also desirable.
- Must have blueprint reading knowledge
- Must have knowledge of basic hand tools, power tools, measuring instruments and transits
- Some knowledge of welding steel, aluminum and stainless steel desirable
- Forklifts and Overhead crane experience preferred (in-house training available)
- Must have basic math skills
- Must be able to pass a background check and drug test
- Team player - must be able to work with others
- Must have and maintain a high sense of urgency to meet and exceed all production goals
- Physically capable of standing, walking, bending, pushing, pulling, reaching and twisting throughout shift
- Attentive to detail watching for material defects and any quality issues
- Capable of repetitively lifting 25-50 lbs.
- Candidates must be flexible to work overtime as needed, which may include weekends and/or holidays
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts and is exposed to dirt/dust, heat/cold, fumes/odors, vibration and wetness
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud but tolerable
Education and Experience High School Diploma or equivalent
Entry level experience (training may be provided)
Steel Toe Shoes/Boots
Daifuku offers an excellent compensation package including great benefits such as excellent medical, vision, and dental insurance, paid vacation time, paid sick time, and paid holidays, 401K, Flexible Spending Programs, and more.
Daifuku is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, protected veteran status, marital status or medical condition
# of Openings: 3
Shift: 3rd Shift
Company Division: AFA