Inova Health Systems REGISTERED NURSE PRN in RESTON, Virginia
Great opportunity for an experienced* Emergency RN to join an outstanding team oriented environment! The *Emergency Room in Fairfax City and Reston is looking for an experienced ED RN to work a PRN (as needed) schedule. Must be able to work all shifts and float between *both *facilities.
**strongly prefer 2 years of ED nursing experience
- Provides knowledgeable and caring clinical practice and care coordination through an understanding of patient, family, nurse, and healthcare delivery team.
- Consistently provides safe, therapeutic care in a holistic and systematic way. Incorporates differences into the provision of care.
- Conducts all patient care in a patient and family-centered manner.
- Integrates knowledge, skills, and experiences to meet the needs of patients and families throughout the continuum, to include patient and family education.
- Uses an integrated approach toward patient outcomes.
- Serves as an empowering body to influence patient empowerment, and successful outcomes of financial and clinical quality, through relationships and access-based knowledge. Utilizes standards, guidelines, and pathways for care delivery.
- Determines process for delivery of care from direct patient and family communication, technology, and other healthcare team member collaboration.
- Ensures improvements in practice settings by assuming responsibility for self-development in life-long learning
- Provides direction and guidance to others regarding practice.
BSN or AD Required If RN has an AD, within 6 months of start date the RN must meet with their nurse leader and * Identify which Accredited School the employee plans to attend * Submit a review of transcript from the school indicating the required pre-requisites and timeline for taking the courses * Provide a written plan with anticipated BSN completion date. * Complete BSN within 24 months of start date RN licensed, or eligible to practice in the Commonwealth of Virginia as an RN. BLS for Healthcare Provider certification required Proficient in English. Strong verbal and written communication skills. Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to display a caring demeanor toward others. Proficient computer skills required. CEN/ACLS certification desired.
Work Site Location: EMERGENCY RM-RESTON/HERNDON
Work Site Address: 11901 BARON CAMERON AVENUE
Schedule: Days Vary
Work Site City/State: RESTON, VA
Shift: 12 hour Day/Night