Securitas Security Svc USA Armed Mobile/Patrol Officer - SUSA in Reston, Virginia
- Securitas provides guarding services to project a security presence, which may include operating a vehicle to perform patrol, inspection, ATM technician security escorts, and/or incident response services.
- Checks for unsafe conditions, hazards, security violations, and unauthorized persons; inspects buildings, grounds and security devices; monitors and sets security devices.
- Protects evidence or scene of incident in the event of accidents, emergencies, or security investigations; sets up barriers and signage, and provides direction or information to others.
- Prepares logs or reports, via smart phone, as required for patrol route, escorts and alarm dispatches; writes and/or types reports.
- Observes and reports incidents or suspicious activity to client representatives or company management.
- Officer is continually entering and exiting patrol vehicle to conduct inspections, escorts, and foot patrols, while working alone in the field at various times during the day and night in all types of climates.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AT ENTRY
- With or without reasonable accommodation, the physical and mental requirements of this job may include the following: seeing, hearing, speaking, and writing clearly. Occasional reaching with hands and arms, stooping, kneeling, crouching and crawling. Frequent sitting, standing and walking, which may be required for long periods of time, and may involve climbing stairs and walking up inclines and on uneven terrain. Additional physical requirements may include, frequent lifting and/or moving up to 10 pounds and occasional lifting and/or moving up to 25 pounds.
- Must pass Armed Security Officer assessment exam and be able to meet and continue to meet any applicable state, county and municipal licensing requirements for Armed Security Officers, to include firearm qualifications.
- Must have a valid driver’s license for state of operation and any required endorsements for class of vehicle operated.
- Driving record must meet company and/or insurance standards.
- Will be issued and must wear a ballistic resistant vest.
- Must be familiar, effective and comfortable working with various types of technology including smart phones, computers, alarm panels, GPS, and other devices.