Northrop Grumman Principal Linux Systems Administrator in Redondo Beach, California
Northrop Grumman is looking for a Linux Systems Administrator to build a suite of DevOps tools and to work with developers to enable continuous delivery of program system software. The selected candidate should have full software development lifecycle experience, strong system integration experience, and/or a deep understanding of software quality production methods. Strong communication skills are a must.
Job responsibilities will include:
• Work with network administrators to establish an unclassified dev net for program work.
• Extend the cyber secure infrastructure (CSI) core to meet our SIL needs. This will involve learning Ansible and onboarding infrastructure as code base for program needs. Also involves standing up and operating vSphere servers and lab workstation computers (RHEL).
• Investigate immutable infrastructure tools and approaches for an IRAD project. Build prototypes to assess technologies.
• Stand up and manage OpenShift server and work with developers on continuous delivery methods.
• Perform as a Linux System Administrator for a classified government contract.
• Manage and maintain secure, minimally-interrupted operations of Linux servers and workstations.
• Support bare-metal and virtual machines.
• Install, harden, and patch Linux operating systems.
• Develop and document technical procedures.
• Partition disks, create logical volumes, create file systems, and mount file systems in Linux environments.
• Read, modify, and create shell script and scripts in various other languages.
• Understand basic LDAP and DNS concepts and be able to query these services for information and troubleshoot issues in Linux environments.
• Learn new technologies on own and work effectively independently, while still coordinating actions as required.
• Install and configure COTS software, and perform configuration and maintenance in Linux environments.
• Interact with and successfully utilize boards-of-approval to maintain required security controls and configuration management.
• Perform technical research on Information Technology topics, as requested, and produce presentations and recommendations.
• Occasional travel to customer sites or other Northrop Grumman sites in support of troubleshooting, testing, and deployment activities.
• Coordinate actions with peer system administrators, network administrators, security teams, software teams and hardware engineers.
• Associate's degree and 7 years of experience, or Bachelor's degree and 5 years of experience, or Master's degree and 3 years of experience; 9 years of experience may be considered in lieu of a completed degree.
• U.S. citizenship is required.
• Active Interim secret clearance.
• Ability to maintain an active clearance.
• Ability to be cleared to special access programs.
• Strong background in Linux/Unix Administration.
• Strong experience with Virtualization technology such as vSphere and infrastructure as code.
• Must have an understanding of the software development life cycle.
• Must be familiar with build tools and continuous integration environments.
• Must have experience using Agile methods.
• Current Security + CE or ability to obtain within 6 months of hire date.
• Ability to lift equipment weighing up to 40 pounds.
• Ability to work after hours and weekends as needed.
• Ability to obtain and maintain an SCI security clearance.
• Experience managing Redhat Linux server environment.
• Experience with VMware infrastructure and automation.
• Experience in software development.
• Experience with Terraform, Vault, Packer.
• Experience with Nexus.
• Experience administering Atlassian tools (Confluence, JIRA, Crucible).
• Ability to automate software builds and releases via Nexus.
• Experience with automation/configuration management using either Ansible, Terraform, Vault and Nexus.
• Certification from VMWare or RedHat.
• Creation and deployment of system images in an enterprise environment.
• Experience with Certification & Accreditation process.
• DoD 8570 Certification in a primary OS (Windows, Linux, Cisco).
• Currently active Top Secret/SCI clearance.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Information Technology
- Northrop Grumman Jobs