Microsoft Corporation Software Engineer in Redmond, Washington
Are you passionate about building resilient, scalable, highly responsive services? Do you want to work on building experiences that boost productivity for thousands of your coworkers? Then the Core Platform Engineering team is for you!
People working within Core Platform Engineering make sure Microsoft is maximizing productivity to its fullest, and therefore, helping lead the company’s digital transformation journey. We build flexible, reliable, enterprise-scalable solutions with Microsoft product teams – influencing products that customers use, enabling them to be more productive.
We are growing a strong, diverse team of engineers and have exciting opportunities for you to innovate, influence, transform, inspire and grow within our organization and we encourage you to apply to learn more.
• Meeting with internal customers to understand feature requirements.
• Contribute to the DevOps process.
• Designing and developing large scale distributed software/data services and solutions.
• Building data ingestion pipelines and turning raw data into insights and analytics
• Collaborating with team members to come up with new ways to solve old problems.
• Drive modern software engineering practices through code and design reviews, and by using data/telemetry to make decisions.
Experiences we bring to you:
• A team of experienced engineers with an appetite for growth.
• A reputation for generating new ideas and taking risks.
• An abundance of tools and software at your disposal.
• A clear vision and strategy to support the company.
Experiences you bring to our organization:
• An ability to manage your workload and self-prioritize in an Agile fashion.
• The people skills to work cross-functionally with engineers, software developers, and leadership.
• Experience with SQL/Kusto and C#.
• Working knowledge of source control tools such as Git.
• Knowledge of Azure IaaS, PaaS, Azure Data Stack (ADF, ADL) preferred.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent is required.
You may also have experience with:
• Developing in cloud environments with containers and microservices.
• Developing APIs to expose functionality and data.
• Working knowledge of network/server manageability tools and automation platforms.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form at https://careers.microsoft.com/us/en/accommodationrequest .
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.