Snapology Facilitator Children's Programming (Part-time Reading/Lancaster Area) in Reading, Pennsylvania
This position is part-time. Includes daytime (8a-5p), evening (5-8p), and some weekend hours. Depending on candidate availability, facilitators typically work between 6-20 hours per week.
Can you imagine yourself instructing children in a fun and inclusive environment using LEGO® bricks and other building mediums and technology? At Snapology we encourage children to create and interact with technology and explore the world around them through a hands-on approach that promotes playful learning, and YOU could be at the center of the experience!
The primary focus of this position will be to instruct Snapology classes, workshops, camps and other programs. Facilitators will use creativity, teamwork and problem-solving skills while educating students on STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Math) concepts. Programs are conducted for children ages 2-14, although not all facilitators are required to teach all age groups. This role requires collaboration and communication with Snapology management as well as representing the Snapology organization to parents & children with a high degree of professionalism.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Lead groups of up to 20 students through curriculum-guided activities;
- Instruct and monitor students in the use of learning materials and equipment;
- Manage student behavior in the classroom by establishing and enforcing rules and procedures;
- Maintain discipline in accordance with the rules and disciplinary systems of Snapology;
- Encourage and monitor the progress of individual students and use information to adjust teaching strategies;
- Adequately prepare for each program by reading curriculum, watching training videos and/or participating in face-to-face training sessions;
- Handle inquiries from parents regarding Snapology programs;
- Encourage students & parents to enroll students in future Snapology programs;
Participate in periodic Snapology training & staff meetings Qualifications:
Criminal and Child Clearances must be current
- 2 or more years of experience working with children in a structured environment
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing
Proven ability to report to work on a regular and punctual basis Benefits:
Inclusive and positive culture
- Flexible schedules and work/life balance
- Opportunities for performance-based raises
- Work with children who are excited about STEM
Build your teaching portfolio through diverse lesson plans and curriculum Program Timing: Programs are conducted during the listed timeframes, although not all instructors are required to teach during all timeframes.
Weekday daytime school enrichment programs
- After-school classes
- Evening classes
- Weekend workshops
- Summer camps (weekdays)
- Special events, holiday and school-break workshops