IQVIA International Director of Business Development in Reading, United Kingdom
IQVIA™ is the leading human data science company focused on helping healthcare clients find unparalleled insights and better solutions for patients. Formed through the merger of IMS Health and Quintiles, IQVIA offers a broad range of solutions that harness the power of healthcare data, domain expertise, transformative technology, and advanced analytics to drive healthcare forward.
We currently have a great opportunity for an Experienced Director of Business Development to join our International Contract Sales and Medical Solutions team. The purpose, key duties and responsibilities of the role include the following.
Promote and realize sales of a defined portfolio of IQVIA Services:-
on a target group of customers and prospects
in line of a defined sales and marketing strategy
in line with sales methodology
against a yearly sales objective to achieve (revenue and business win) per service line
Pro-actively develop and establish business relationships with stakeholders within the customers’ organization (decision makers, influencers, coaches, procurement, etc…)
through cold calling, Face-to-face meetings, group presentations, …
through development of a sales plan for each account
Identify and develop new business opportunities within the defined target group
Understand the challenges of the customer in a changing marketplace and be able to pinpoint the potential opportunitiesBy using the IQVIA work-up’sFollow-up of the market situation through own reading and monitoring
“Co-think” with the customer and suggest appealing scenarios as solutions
Pull the customer towards IQVIA service solution
Build endorsement for the proposed solution among different customer stakeholders
Generate customized presentations and proposals
based on IQVIA service packages
using templates, including budget estimations
with respect of internal IQVIA procedures
adapted to the customer needs (“from concept to contract”)
Auto-monitor and report
- progress against plans customer meetings, appointments leads and proposals in weekly forecast
Liaise with internal colleagues: recruitment, operations, legal and financial
- Handle follow-up related to the sales and drive completion of contractual documents
• Maintain general knowledge of all IQVIA services for appropriate cross-sell opportunities.
• Pursue awareness of competitive activities, positioning and pricing, which includes specific reasons for awards and non-awards.
• Ensure sales follow-up and drive completion of contractual documents.
• Adapt successful strategies and tactics to meet market demands and financial targets.
• Maintain high visibility within customer organization. Monitor customer satisfaction through strong communication.
• Record all customer sales related activities in CRM system.
• Prepare sales activity report for Sales Management as required.
• Serve as a liaison between the customer and technical and operational groups at IQVIA
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE and SKILLS
• Excellent Business/Industry awareness and a thorough understanding of industry trends and impact on the business & competitive intelligence
• A developing record of customer contacts at the outsourcing, procurement and senior management level
• Strong organizational, planning, project management skills
• Proven track record at mid-level and high-level contacts
• Excellent analytical skills in assessing and interpreting customer business data
• Ability to maintain demanding timelines
• Ability to influence others internally and externally
• Adaptability and flexibility to changing priorities
• Demonstrated ability to work creatively in a fast-paced environment
• Exceptional attention to detail and ability to work simultaneously on multiple priorities
• Ability to work independently and as a team player
• Excellent skills using Microsoft Office 365
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, managers and clients
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree in Business Management and 10 years related experience, including 3 years of relevant industry (CRO/Pharmaceutical) and/or sales experience; or equivalent combination of education, training and experience
Making a positive impact on human health takes insight, curiosity, and intellectual courage. It takes brave minds, pushing the boundaries to transform healthcare. Regardless of your role, you will have the opportunity to play an important part in helping our clients drive healthcare forward and ultimately improve outcomes for patients.
Forge a career with greater purpose, make an impact, and never stop learning.
At IQVIA, we have a vision. Where every healthcare decision is based on evidence. Where data science and human science come together to improve global health. Where new and creative solutions aren’t just possible – they are expected.
Thank you for your interest in growing your career with us. It takes insight, curiosity, and intellectual courage to transform healthcare. The 56,000+ employees of the IQVIA family of companies, including Q2 Solutions, are reimagining a world without the consequences of disease. We are brave minds bringing powerful ideas to reality. At IQVIA, you can truly make an impact in an environment where you’re supported to succeed.
EEO Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
- IQVIA Jobs