CVS Health Pharmacy Intern - Long Term Care in Raleigh, North Carolina
Exciting opportunity for a Pharmacist Intern to join our Omnicare team in Spartanburg, South Carolina. As a Pharmacist Intern, you would work under the direct supervision and mentor-ship of a pharmacist as part of the team to ensure patients receive specialty medication in a timely manner while providing excellent customer service. Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to, accurately entering prescription information, contacting patients to arrange delivery or set a pickup date, corresponding with prescribers to clarify prescription information, preparing orders for delivery, resolving insurance issues, assisting with prior authorizations. As an Omnicare Pharmacist Intern, excellent customer service skills will be needed.
• Communicate with nursing staff to obtain/provide key information.
• Resolve customer complaints, issues and concerns
• Research questions, issues and concerns as directed by management
• Answer incoming customer calls
• Maintain inventories using usage reports and provides supplies to facilities as necessary.
• Key customer orders
• Communicate with customers on STAT status
• Ensure and maintain a safe and clean work environment
• Comply with local, state, and federal laws, regulations, and policies.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Certification/licensed/registered pharmacy technician or as required by state law.
• 1 year previous experience as a pharmacy technician or Long term care pharmacy experience preferred or 6 months customer service experience or 6 months data entry experience preferred
• Strong interpersonal skills and well developed verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to meet deadlines and be flexible
• Good math and analytic skills
• Excellent organization skills and detail oriented
• Must understand basic pharmacology; abbreviations, brand and generic comparisons in order to interpret prescriptions for filling.
• Ability to maintain composure on the phone when handling customer calls
Enrolled in a B.S. or doctorate of pharmacy degree program.
It’s a new day in health care.
Combining CVS Health and Aetna was a transformative moment for our company and our industry, establishing CVS Health as the nation’s premier health innovation company. Through our health services, insurance plans and community pharmacists, we’re pioneering a bold new approach to total health. As a CVS Health colleague, you’ll be at the center of it all.
We offer a diverse work experience that empowers colleagues for career success. In addition to skill and experience, we also seek to attract and retain colleagues whose beliefs and behaviors are in alignment with our core values of collaboration, innovation, caring, integrity and accountability.
CVS Health is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Gender/Ethnicity/Disability/Protected Veteran – we highly value and are committed to all forms of diversity in the workplace. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities. We comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO is the Law Poster: EEO IS THE LAW at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf and EEO IS THE LAW SUPPLEMENT at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm . We provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance to apply for this job, please contact our Advice and Counsel Reasonable Accommodations team at mailto:AdviceCounsel@cvshealth.com . Please note that we only accept applications for employment via this site.
If technical issues are preventing you from applying to a position, contact Kenexa Helpdesk at 1-855-338-5609 or firstname.lastname@example.org . For technical issues with the Virtual Job Tryout assessment, contact the Shaker Help Desk at 1-877-987-5352.