Penhall Company Account Manager – Sales & Service in Raleigh, North Carolina
Provide overall administrative and technical management on construction project site from bid preparation through final acceptance by customer.
This position is normally one of independent project supervision on small to medium size projects from the initial bid to final completion of project. Position has direct profit and loss responsibility.
- Division Manager, Area General Manager, RVP
- Shop Manager/Dispatch, Mechanics, Technicians, Laborers, Administrative Staff
- Industry Associations, Customers
Specific Role Responsibilities:
- Ability to generate and increase project leads within the area
- Source new customers as well as retain current customers
- Initial client contact to assess scope of work and resources required to successfully complete project
- Prepare complete estimate for selected project with detailed review of proposal specifications, drawings, takeoff information, contracting, and the like
- Supervise total construction effort to ensure project is completed in accordance with budget and schedule by monitoring, JHA, construction schedules, milestones, job progress and completion
- Includes interfacing with customer representatives, other contractors, etc.
- Plan, coordinate and supervise onsite functions (scheduling, engineering, material control, and may provide day-to-day direction of onsite administrative staff
- Supervise craft employees and/or other contractors as required by the contract
- Provide technical assistance, i.e., interpretation of drawings, recommending construction methods and equipment, etc., as required.
- Initiate and maintain extra work estimating and change orders
- Identify new and expanded business opportunities while at customer sites and through customer contact
- Perform additional assignments per Supervisor's direction.
- Four year engineering degree or equivalent combinations of technical training and/or related experience
- Minimum of eight years construction management, estimating, and/or craft supervision experience in similar trades or environment
- Thorough knowledge of all aspects of construction (technology, equipment, methods); craft agreements, jurisdiction,
- Excellent time management, communication and ability to communicate timely with senior management on bid reviews
- Experience tracking actual utilization and production rates, to estimate, to effectively reduce costs and increase gross profit
- Thorough knowledge of competition and associated pricing matrixes
- Ability to understand pricing strategy(s) of competition to create largest return and most competitive pricing
- Excellent communication, organizational and supervisory skills essential
- Experience using Bid2Win estimating software
- Experience using CRM software, preferably Salesforce
- Computer/Office Machines – Microsoft Work, Excel, Outlook
- English – proficient in business writing and verbal communication
- Valid driver's license and acceptable motor vehicle record required when duties require use of motor vehicle
- Ability to pass pre-employment and random screening for illegal substances
Penhall Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Penhall Company encourages qualified females, minorities, veterans, disabled persons to apply.
Employee Type: Full-Time
Location: Raleigh, NC
Job Type: Business DevelopmentConstructionSales
Experience: Not Specified
Date Posted: 19/10/2019