Eaton Corporation Manager -Enovia Development in Pune, India
Job Title: (Manager IT Engineering Development (Enovia)
If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team - winning is fun.
Eaton is a power management company with 2018 sales of $21.6 billion. Its energy-efficient solutions help customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more reliably, safely and sustainably. The company is dedicated to improving the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. Eaton employs 99,000 people worldwide, and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit Eaton.com.
In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are - it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals.
This exciting role is part of a our IT team in a large multi-national company. The role offers a broad variety of responsibilities including great learning opportunities.
Brief primary function of your role:
• The Engineering Development Manager will be primarily responsible for managing scope, budget, duration and flawless execution of Enovia Development projects and configuration activities for global needs of Eaton.
• This person will be responsible for managing the Enovia development team consisting of individuals (including one US resource) who are placed globally and vendor resources.
• In this position he/she will work closely with the various project managers across enterprise to ensure smooth and flawless execution of code development through strong adherence to established design and review processes.
• The candidate must have a strong understanding of Java coding, PLM (Enovia) fundamentals, resource management and relationship management. The individual should have a solid understanding of Enovia modules, CAD tools and must be able to identify “best practices” for leveraging Eaton systems and apply those best practices
Your essential responsibilities include:
• Demonstrate leadership in technical design with ability to identify multiple alternatives to develop and then suggest the best approach considering the situation/need. Coach & mentor team on creating technical representations of the requirements.
• Provides strong program and project leadership by adhering to standard departmental policies, processes and documentation guidelines for project delivery
• Works with customers and technical resources to develop project schedule and detailed cost breakdowns
• Defines and gather operational and performance metrics to drive continuous improvement. Participate in benchmarking and comparison to industry standards to improve the activities of the IT department.
• Engages customer and IT resources globally to drive ongoing operational efficiencies and process improvements; Acts as escalation point for complex issue resolution
• Establishes the necessary training and development to maintain a highly effective, competent staff. Counsels subordinates in career path development, process improvement, and skill development. Prepares and manages performance measurement and evaluation of subordinates.
• Provides an understanding of both technology and business concepts and is able to articulate business processes. Recommends improvements to technical and business processes.
• Ensures quality delivery of team member tasks in accordance to the plan. Provides strong support leadership by adhering to standard departmental policies, processes and documentation guidelines for delivery
• Has a good understanding of enterprise wide Engineering applications and their integration. Ability to understand and drive global and regional solutions.
• Manages training engagement of users in the effective use of the Engineering Tools.
• Work with vendor partners to get the right resources to staff peak demands and be responsible for the SOW & Invoicing for the same.
• Responsible for financial planning for the team – in terms of forecasting, actual time recording and billing to functions/sectors. Manage project delivery to budget.
• Will be responsible for multiple Projects in parallel across geographies & functions primarily leveraging agile/sprint methodology.
• Role would require managing and interacting with global teams and with the customer through daily activities, weekly meetings and / regular progress reviews, deliveries for large implementations; enhancement and upgrade projects which have potential to impact many thousands of employees working across numerous countries. This person would act as primary point of contact for all development and configuration of Enovia projects.
• This resource will leverage standard IT work processes and program/portfolio methodologies to manage and measure work driving continuous overall system and resource improvement. Also, he/she will be working with peers to establish group level strategic planning, goal identification, APEX calibration, scorecard enhancements, setting standards & guidelines and continuous improvement objectives.
Qualificationsf you are:
Bachelors degree in a technical discipline such as: B.E / BTech / MCA / Equivalent (EITC) or B.S. Comp Sci / Mathematics / Engineering / Equivalent
• Around 13+ years of relevant industry experience with:
• 8+ years’ experience in design, development, implementation and administration of Enovia application development, Excellent knowledge on Enovia Upgrades, also Hands on coding experience (specially in Enovia).
• 5+ years in leading groups of size 7+ people with strong experience in building teams, coaching, driving change and managing conflicts.
• Excellent knowledge and understanding of Enovia PLM system & In-depth knowledge of Eaton engineering change process such as ECR/ECO, MCR/MCO, Designer Central, Team Central, IP/ITAR Module, Manufacturing central, integration etc.
• Good understanding of ProE, CATIA, AutoCAD, Solidworks, and other PLM (CAD/Enovia) tools.
• Experience in managing multiple simultaneous projects of varied sizes. Should have ability to manage stakeholders in different regions.
• Experience in building team, coaching, driving change, influencing and managing conflicts
• Having knowledge on Dassault Systems Apriso Manufacturing Execution System (MES) / Plant apps is added advantage.
• Nice to have knowledge on Design automation, TDM (Test Data Management), CAE, HPC
• Managing the team budget - planning, monitoring & forecasting
• Managing a team of 12 resources (including one US employee and contract employees) – hiring, talent development & retention, EE & ME scores
• Quality of code deployed- defect density and ELFs
• Risk management – flawless go lives, on time delivery
• Customer relationships & satisfaction- feedback from Project Managers
Yes! Because you are the one we are looking for, we hope to hear from you now!
*We make what matters work.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day.
It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential - and where you can help us reach ours.
Need more about Eaton? Come on in @ www.eaton.com.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Information Technology
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Eaton Corporation Jobs