Intermountain Healthcare PRN Physical Therapist - Inpatient Rehabilitation, Utah Valley Hospital in Provo, Utah
Greater Provo area
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining a world-class team of over 37,500 employees and caregivers while embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
To find out more about us, head to our career site here .
This Physical Therapist will provide patient care to an adult population at our Inpatient Rehab Facility (IRF) located at Utah Valley Hospital.As a Physical Therapist with Intermountain Healthcare, you will be joining a team of highly skilled and compassionate caregivers committed to offering high-quality care through a team-based approach.
This position is responsible for screening, testing, evaluating, diagnosing and treatment of injuries, diseases, and disabilities using physical therapy procedures and modalities in accordance with standard physical therapy practices. The Physical Therapist consults, educates, and trains patients and their caregivers.
Essential Job Duties
- Maintains current knowledge of standard physical therapy practices for various patient populations.
- Provides competent services including treatment. Performs subjective and objective evaluation according to diagnosis, past history, and physician referral while developing a plan of care with appropriate goals and objectives based on patient evaluation. Effectively maintains established department/service line productivity standards.
- Maintains appropriate documentation for each patient in a complete, thorough, and timely manner in accordance with regulatory, facility, and department requirements. May assist in preparing patient billing in an accurate and timely manner.
- Appropriately communicates with patients, families, physicians, nurses, and other healthcare staff regarding patient's needs, abilities, and goals. Ensures smooth facility and department operations. Effectively utilizes rehabilitation services with optimum patient care and response.
- Responsible for all aspects of patient care and education for assigned patients including supervision of all services provided by physical therapy assistants, aides, office staff, and students; ensures consistent high-quality patient care.
- Participates in continuing education opportunities in accordance with established guidelines. Seeks opportunities for new and continual learning. Promotes and provides for continuing education for staff.
- Actively participates in the quality improvement process which may include maintaining and operating physical therapy equipment safely and in accordance with established indications, facility and manufacturer procedure for operations. Responsible for outcome input. Responsible to continually improve clinical outcomes and patient satisfaction. May assist in utilization review audits.
- May assist manager with department operational oversight (e.g., schedules, mentoring, supplies, equipment, department budgets).
- Actively participates in program development and marketing strategies to enhance the physical therapy programs referral base and development of department goals.
- Entry Rate: Commensurate with experience
- Benefits Eligible: No
- Shift Details: PRN, or as-needed. Hours worked may vary from 0 to 40 each week, dependent upon patient care needs. This PT will need to be open to working some Saturday shifts.
- Department: Inpatient Rehabilitation
- Current state Physical Therapist license.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) for healthcare providers.
- Basic Computer skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
- Carrying, Hearing/Listening, Lifting, Manual Dexterity, Pulling/Pushing, Seeing, Speaking, Squatting/Kneeling, Standing, and Walking.
- Clinical experience in an inpatient/acute care setting.
- Clinical experience with neuro patients.
All positions subject to close without notice. Intermountain Healthcare prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, veteran status, disability and/or genetic information.
Working Hours 0
Primary Work Location Utah Valley Hospital
Job Type Temporary