CVS Health Strategy Intern (MBA) in Providence, Rhode Island
Strategy Internship (MBA)
Primary Location: Providence, RI
Start date: June 1st, 2020
End Date: August 7th, 2020
CVS Health is the nation's premier health innovation company helping people on their path to better health. We are building a new health care model that is easier to use, less expensive, and puts the consumer at the center of their care.
Our Corporate Internship Program is a nationally recognized experience; it is also a great way to gain confidence, sharpen your skills, and make a difference.
You will gain valuable work experience and participate in:
• Projects that contribute to the success of our business
• Community service initiatives
• Mentorship and networking opportunities
• Interaction with senior leaders
After completing the program, our corporate interns have an increased likelihood of receiving a full-time offer with CVS Health.
What this business area supports
This role is part of our Enterprise Strategy Organization. As an Analyst, Enterprise Innovation & Strategic Partnerships, you will play a key role in the entire strategic partnerships lifecycle: from opportunity identification and partnerships strategy development, to deal sourcing, negotiations and execution. You will both inform business unit and enterprise strategies with key insights into emerging technology trends, disruptive business models and emerging competitors across the continuum-of-care, as well as identify, structure and execute strategic investments, complex enterprise-wide strategic partnerships and/or joint ventures.
This role will work with colleagues to support senior leaders (i.e., Director, Sr. Director, VP) to identify and explore complex strategic partnerships that cut across our enterprise. You will work closely with leading Venture Capital funds, Accelerators and Incubators, to track the evolution of disruptive trends, as well as to source, vet and close deals with start-ups. You will work in close collaboration with CVS business unit partners in Transformation Business Development, Enterprise Strategy, Corporate Development, IT, Digital and Finance. You will identify and track key disruptive trends impacting the healthcare landscape, and support the development of business cases for new solutions or technologies and the articulation of enterprise capability needs.
What you will do
- Enterprise Innovation Strategy / Market Insights: Contribute to landscape analyses, market research, and capability gap assessments to inform business unit strategies, and to develop partnership sourcing strategies for the enterprise.
• Supports coordination and planning efforts with leading Venture Capital firms (i.e., pipeline discussions, start-up demo days, etc.…).
• Work with business units to conduct start-up landscape analyses on disruptive trends (i.e., Genomics, Artificial Intelligence / Machine Learning, Precision Medicine, etc.…), and to prioritize and conduct due diligence on potential strategic partners / investment opportunities.
- Partnership Evaluation Support: Support ongoing partnership due diligence efforts through building business cases, preparing management presentations, industry overviews, financial analysis, etc.…
• Performs industry, company and competitor searches (including cold calling/emailing).
• Prepares and conducts business and financial analyses to support evaluation of strategic partnership opportunities.
• Maintains regular tracking and reporting for internal business development pipeline
• Helps maintain pipeline documents through organizing electronic files, data, and information.
- Partnership Execution Support: Coordinate internal processes and external meetings to support partnerships/investment deal execution and internal implementation
1.1. Facilitates non-disclosure agreements for external potential partners and business development opportunities
1.2. Facilitates the coordination and planning of external partner meetings and internal strategic meetings.
1.3. Develops, coordinates, and consolidates agenda items and presentation materials for meetings involving internal and external parties.
Collaborates with BU, enterprise strategy and corporate development functions to evaluate various strategic opportunities.
• Availability to work full time for the duration of the program
• Undergraduate studies in business, finance, economics and/or healthcare and life-sciences related discipline
• Internship experience in at least one of: healthcare, finance/investing, business strategy
• Basic financial modeling experience (Excel) and storyboard / slide creation in PowerPoint
• Structured approach to problem solving (i.e., consulting case method)
• Demonstrated leadership potential (i.e., athletic team captain, school club president, etc…)
• Superior analytical skills, quantitative skills and problem solving skills
• Independent judgment and initiative required
• Advanced skills with spreadsheets, databases and presentation software, including a strong working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint
• Ability to communicate effectively in a manner that is clear, logical and consistent
• Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to interact and influence at all levels of the organization
• Highest level of attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, adjusting priorities as needed and meeting deadlines
• You should currently be pursuing an MBA program
• Have a 3.3+ cumulative GPA
• Have an anticipated graduation date between December 2020 - June 2021
It’s a new day in health care.
Combining CVS Health and Aetna was a transformative moment for our company and our industry, establishing CVS Health as the nation’s premier health innovation company. Through our health services, insurance plans and community pharmacists, we’re pioneering a bold new approach to total health. As a CVS Health colleague, you’ll be at the center of it all.
We offer a diverse work experience that empowers colleagues for career success. In addition to skill and experience, we also seek to attract and retain colleagues whose beliefs and behaviors are in alignment with our core values of collaboration, innovation, caring, integrity and accountability.
CVS Health is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Gender/Ethnicity/Disability/Protected Veteran – we highly value and are committed to all forms of diversity in the workplace. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities. We comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO is the Law Poster: EEO IS THE LAW at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf and EEO IS THE LAW SUPPLEMENT at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm . We provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance to apply for this job, please contact our Advice and Counsel Reasonable Accommodations team at mailto:AdviceCounsel@cvshealth.com . Please note that we only accept applications for employment via this site.
If technical issues are preventing you from applying to a position, contact Kenexa Helpdesk at 1-855-338-5609 or email@example.com . For technical issues with the Virtual Job Tryout assessment, contact the Shaker Help Desk at 1-877-987-5352.
- CVS Health Jobs