H&E Equipment Services, Inc Resident Mechanic - Prineville, OR in Prineville, Oregon
Resident Mechanic - Prineville, OR
H&E Equipment Services is one of the largest integrated equipment companies in the nation that provides the higher standard in equipment sales, rental, parts, and service. With locations across the United States, we pride ourselves on being an equipment company, run by equipment people. We leverage our national portfolio of equipment with a local approach to provide reliability, fair prices and the support of a first-class service team. Where others stop, we continue.
H&E Equipment Services has an immediate opening for a Resident Mechanic. Resident Mechanic responsibilities include diagnosing, operating, service and repair heavy equipment and machinery. Individual must be familiar with mechanical, hydraulic, and electrical systems. Will perform work on cranes, manlifts, lift trucks and earth-moving equipment.
• May be a helper for more skilled technicians, up to performing over 75% of assignments with little or no supervision.
• Performs repair assignments of Resident Mechanic abilities.
• Attends assigned training classes
• May assist in assigned training classes
• Assists in direction of helper when assigned
• Performs repair assignments on general product line
• May perform assignments that involve problem solving
• May be assigned part-time or full-time field service assignments
• Gains experience in higher level skills in performance of assignments
• Keeps work area clean and orderly
• May be required to clean parts
• May complete service reports
• Performs inspections, changes fluids and replaces filters
• May be asked to move equipment in yard
• Removes and installs external components such as guards, wheels, axle housings, cabs, etc.
• Removes and installs external components such as hoods, guards, sheet metal tracks, etc.
• May test and diagnose machine problems and give recommendations for repair
• May perform limited component disassembly and assembly
• May assemble new machines and attachments
• Operates and checks machines after repair
• Uses service manuals unassisted
• May perform some machine diagnosis
• May make critical machine and system adjustments
• Demonstrates failure analysis ability
• May assist in technical projects
• Must have mechanical aptitude
• Must have been certified in all skills requirements
• If new hire, must meet certification requirements within six (6) months of date of employment
Searching for a solid, growth-oriented company that values its employees? Join H&E Equipment Services! We offer competitive salaries, excellent benefits and a 401K retirement savings plan with company matching.
H&E Equipment Services was established in 1961. We are a leading supplier of equipment for construction, earthmoving, compaction, paving and material handling customers. In addition to specializing in rentals and sales, we offer extensive repair and maintenance programs with comprehensive parts inventories, mobile service, planned maintenance, fleet management, crane re-manufacturing and more!
As a leader in the heavy equipment industry, we know that our success is a direct result of the hard work and dedication of our employees. Each employee at H&E is a contributing partner in our goal attainment and future growth, which is why we invest in our workforce and offer competitive pay, great benefits, and a friendly environment.
From our corporate office to our branches, we offer career opportunities for individuals that share our core values and work ethic while maintaining the highest standards of honesty and personal integrity. Positions may be available in sales, rentals, parts, service, accounting, information systems, etc.
We provide training designed to give you the skills and tools you need to succeed.
In addition, we offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical and dental coverage, life insurance, short and long term disability, cafeteria (Section 125) program, 401K matching plan, PTO (Paid Time Off) and paid holidays.
If you are looking for a solid, growth-oriented company that values its employees, H&E Equipment Services is the place for you.
H&E Equipment Services is an Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other characteristic protected by law.
H&E Equipment Services will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.