Sunovion Neurology Therapeutic Specialist (Portland South, OR) in Portland South, Oregon
The Therapeutic Specialist is responsible for driving product sales through strong, value added relationships with customers. They also provide consultative solutions and services to existing and new customers for achieving assigned sales targets and profitable growth
Territory / Account Management: Achieve assigned sales objective for the territory. Organize his/her territory / account to maximize sales impact. Review and analyze market data for developing and implementing business plans that focus on selling to targeted customer segments / business channels. Utilize given tools & technologies (sales automation system) to maximize sales effectiveness.
Budget Management: Operate within the assigned expense budget. Complete administrative requirements including timely reporting, budget management, log-ins etc.
Customer Management: Execute calls on Sunovion customers to provide accurate product information and ensure availability of Sunovion products in the territory. Use skills and tools to understand customer needs and adjust sales approach accordingly. Build strong business relationships with prospective and current Sunovion customers
Partnerships: Partner with internal and external constituents to maximize customer satisfaction and drive profitable growth and sales targets.
Self-Development: Complete all required training courses and continually update knowledge on product / disease state and pharmaceutical environment.
Compliance Management: Comply with all legal and regulatory compliance requirements established by Sunovion and govern the sale and promotion of its pharmaceutical products.
Minimum Education, Experience, Knowledge and Skills Required
Bachelor’s Degree is required preferably in Business or Life Sciences. MBA or pursuance of one, is preferred.
3+ years of pharmaceutical sales experience is required including account management, and a demonstrated mastery of product and disease state knowledge.
Requirements for eligibility include, but are not limited to:
• Significant experience and knowledge of the epilepsy and CNS market strongly preferred. Demonstrate a consistent track record of strong sales performance, with product launch experience preferred.
• Candidates must provide two most immediate years of documented sales performance and two years of annual reviews.
• Must be able to work closely with marketing, Managed Markets and other strategic partners.
• Possess high-level business acumen that would lead to ability to thrive in a single accountability sales model.
• Candidate must have extensive market experience with prescribers and institutions.
• Demonstrated ability to analyze complex data to develop strategic and actionable business plans to deliver sales results.
• Strong communication skills - written and verbal.
• Proficient knowledge and understanding of the payer landscape including commercial, Medicaid, and Medicare.
• Strong negotiating skills
• Candidates must have excellent presentation & organizational skills and be proficient with a PC (PowerPoint, Word, Excel and sales force automation systems).
• Extensive Travel within territory may be required, which may include both car and overnight air travel depending upon territory.
• Some national travel to corporate headquarters, training and sales meetings may also be required on a periodic basis.
• Work hours may include meetings scheduled outside of normal working hours.
Valid Driver's License
Confidential Data: All information (written, verbal, electronic, etc.) that an employee encounters is considered confidential.
Compliance :Achieve and maintain Compliance with all applicable regulatory, legal and operational rules and procedures, by ensuring that all plans and activities for and on behalf of Sunovion are carried out with the "best" industry practices and the highest ethical standards.
Mental/Physical Requirements: Fast paced environment handling multiple demands. Must be able to exercise appropriate judgment as necessary. Requires a high level of initiative and independence. Excellent written and oral communication skills required. Requires ability to use a personal computer for extended periods of time.
Lead the way to a healthier world by putting patients at the center of everything we do
We are focused on developing innovative therapies and transforming the lives of people with serious medical conditions. We are creating innovative psychiatric, neurological and respiratory therapies that help transform people's lives, while at the same time we are playing an increasingly active role in the future of global health.
- Sunovion Jobs