Precision Castparts Corp. Rework Analyst - LMA/861 (Days) in Portland, Oregon
Job Description *
To analyze inspection information, determine whether to route castings for rework or scrap based on program standards, cost and repair feasibility; to oversee salvage routing and assure the quality of products leaving the area.
Objective: to make decisions regarding routing of castings for scrap or route to rework for repairs; to take cost and repair feasibility into consideration; to coordinate rework decisions with rework inspectors and engineering.
A. Reviews castings and reviews inspection paperwork. B. Makes decisions on reworking or scraping parts, based on program standards, costs and repair feasibility; estimates time needed for repairs and yield on lots needing repairs. C. Evaluates rework options and determines repair methods. D. Coordinates repair decisions with supervisor and engineering as needed. E. May be required to handle hazardous waste.
Routing and Recording.
Objective: to assure proper and efficient routing for rework repairs and complete necessary paperwork.
A. Takes part in and oversees routing of castings to grinders and/or welders. B. Prepares paperwork for scraping castings, with approval of engineering. C. Enters routing/analysis information in computer or manual system. D. Completes paperwork or checklist review before routing parts to shipping.
Objective: to oversee the work of rework inspectors, grinders and welders.
A. Reviews routing of parts by inspectors. B. Provides feedback to supervisor, inspectors, grinders and welders on work quality, techniques and related information. C. Assures completion of required audits.
Completes a variety of logs, audits and records.
Objective: to take responsibility for and demonstrate safe work practices.Typical Activities: A. Adheres to plant and department safety rules.
B. Safely operates all equipment and tools. C. Identifies and reports safety problems.
- Performs other tasks as directed.
- Training is provided on the job.
- Rework Analyst Course.
- Visual Dimensional, Penetrant, Radiography and NDT Courses and certification as directed.
- May be required to complete Hazardous Waste Management Training.
Advanced Rework Grinder skills as demonstrated by the competent performance of Rework Grinder A and Rework Inspection duties, and completion of the Rework Analyst Course are preferred. OR An equivalent combination of classroom training and work experience.
- Working knowledge of casting parts and inspection criteria.
- Ability to read, interpret, and follow specifications on Tech Cards, blueprints, and drawings.
- Ability to work independently.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to provide working supervision and work direction.
- Ability to lift and/or maneuver objects weighing thirty to fifty pounds and occasionally up to one hundred pounds.
- Ability to work in difficult working conditions which may include exposure to noise, dust, chemicals, temperature extremes and other elements for extended periods of time.
MAJOR PLANT DIFFERENCES:
- SSBO - prefers previous computer experience for Analyst.
- LSBO - requires Visual Dimension course and Front-Line Leadership class after hire; analyst does not do computer entry.
- TBO - requires at least one inspection certification after hire
PCC Structurals is committed to a diverse workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, VEVRAA Federal Contractor, affirmative action employer we provide equal opportunity to all persons, regardless of race, religion, age, gender, disability, status as a protected veteran, national origin, color or any other classification in accordance with federal, state and local statutes, regulations and ordinances "Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran Status/VEVRAA Federal Contractor". Veterans are encouraged to self-identify as PCC Structurals desires to provide protected veterans priority referrals for open positions. PCC Structurals complies with all laws and regulations associated with the Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA).
In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of th Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 503-652-3512 for assisstance. PCC Structurals is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor committed to providing referrals of protected veterans for its openings. Veterans are encouraged to self-identify as PCC desires to provide protected veterans priority referrals for open positions. PCC Structurals complies with all laws and regulations associated wit the Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA). IF you would like more information about Equal Employment Opportunity as an applicant under the law, please visit www.eeoc.gov.
Precision Castparts Corp. is an equal opportunity employer committed to recruit, hire, train, and promote in all job categories without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID: PCC-US.224208