Pacific Office Automation IT Administrative Assistant in Portland, Oregon
The IT Administrative Assistant serves as technical and administrative support to the Helpdesk Administrative Manager_. _He/she will also be expected to assist with managing several other key departmental tasks and projects.
Here's what POA is looking for in candidates:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Aggressive problem solver with proactive thinking skills
- Able to take initiative and/or work independently
- Customer service skills
- Strong work ethic; reliable & punctual
- Organizational and task management skills
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Attention to detail
- Associate’s degree (Bachelor’s degree preferred) at least 2 years of professional experience in the IT industry or related field a plus but not required
- Experience with MS-Office products (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Basic understanding of network infrastructure, Windows server environments and other mainstream IT concepts
- Some experience coordinating, monitoring, and evaluating projects and activities is a plus
- Previous experience working for a managed IT services provider is a plus
- HR responsibilities specific to our IT department such as: Setup and prepare new hire packets, schedule initial interviews, update contact information and seating charts
- Payroll responsibilities specific to our IT department such as: Collect and organize time-sheets, submit reimbursement, expense and mileage forms, PTO submissions, and update PTO Calendar
- Purchasing responsibilities specific to IT department such as: Purchase IT equipment, purchase and review office supply levels, purchase and coordinate furniture, and coordinate shipping and receiving for IT equipment
- Other duties: Internal inventory control, greeter/receptionist for guests and those outside the department, event planning, assist with reporting for all of POA, and assist with meeting minutes and action items
Pacific Office Automation is one of the largest independently-owned document imaging and technology dealers in the nation. We have twenty five branches located in seven western states. Our phenomenal growth and reputation in the industry, have created an opportunity for an IT Administrative Assistant to join the team.
This position offers medical/dental/vision coverage, 100% matched 401K, and competitive salary DOE. If you could see yourself launching your administrative/IT focused career in this position, please apply so we can further discuss your career goals and how POA can help you achieve them!
Job ID: 2019-2490