Precision Castparts Corp. Flow Coordinator - LSBSI/072 in Portland, Oregon
Job Description *
Assist manufacturing operations to maximize throughput. Increase the velocity of parts moving through each operation by coordinating part flow and improving the efficiency of operators in a variety of job functions.
The Flow Coordinator will be self motivated, organized, and efficient. The person will assess work conditions in multiple operations and coordinate part movement to optimize throughput.
The Flow Coordinator will understand how parts are routed through multiple operations. The person will be expected to apply appropriate judgment when conflicts in priority or operator capability arise.
The Flow Coordinator will report to the assigned department Supervisor. Task assignments and technical responsibilities will be assigned by Back End Production Coordinator(s).
Part Flow Coordination
Objective: Prioritize and organize parts to meet throughput goals. Apply part flow rules/procedures. Ensure the rules/procedures are being followed by all operators and report deviations to Back End Production Coordinators for correction. Organize parts within the kanbans/buffers to ensure easy physical access to highest priority parts.
Essential Job Functions:
A. Addressing and maintaining 6S for LSBS I & II B. Organize and restock kanbans C. Ensure operators are working parts in priority order. Report deviations to Back End Production Coordinators for correction. D. Dispatch finished parts from all production/team areas. E. Prioritize and dispatch parts from “IN” area. F. Dispatch parts from buffer. G. Fixture parts for Finish Grind, R/W Grind, Welding, and X-ray. H. Maintain fixture storage area. I. Assist Back End Production Coordinator in prioritizing (tagging) parts. J. Alert Back End Production Coordinator when buffers begin to overfill. K. May wear protective gear and work with hazardous materials L. Maintain compliance to applicable procedures including, but not limited to Technique Cards, SOP’s, PCP’s, and QCM’s.
Objective: When indirect labor functions are not available, which is expected to be rare, the Flow Coordinator will be expected to train and become qualified to perform one or more direct labor functions. Direct labor functions include, but are not limited to the following:
A. Rework Grinder B. Production Grinder C. Belt Grinder D. Penetrant Line Operator E. Sandblaster F. Mapper
Objective: Take responsibility for and demonstrate safe work practices.
Essential Job Functions:
A. Adheres to plant and departmental safety rules. B. Safely operates all equipment and tools. C. Identifies and reports safety problems. D. May be required to handle hazardous waste.
Performs other tasks as directed.
EQUIPMENT, VEHICLES, TOOLS AND/OR MACHINERY USED:
- Drive personal or PCC vehicle between plants.
- Pallet jack (manual and electric)
- Training is provided on the job.
- PCC’s Forklift Driving Safety Training must be completed.
- Hazardous waste management training required prior to handling hazardous waste/materials.
- Previous manufacturing production experience preferred.
- Must be able to read, interpret, and follow instructions/specifications on work orders, Technique Cards, Process Control Procedures, and other technical instructions; ability to read, write and perform addition, subtraction, multiplication and division calculations.
- Demonstrated work experience in functions requiring attention to detail preferred.
- Demonstrated experience working independently or with a minimum of supervision preferred.
- Valid driver’s license required.
- Ability to perform the essential job functions, with or without reasonable accommodation, required.
- Ability to frequently lift and/or maneuver objects weighing up to fifty pounds, with or without reasonable accommodation, required.
- Ability to work in difficult working conditions, which may include exposure to noise, dust, chemicals, temperature extremes, awkward physical positions for extended periods of time.
PCC Structurals is committed to a diverse workforce. As Equal Opportunity Employer, VEVRAA Federal Contractor, affirmative action employer we provide equal opportunity to all persons, regardless of race, religion, age, gender, disability, status as a protected veteran, national origin, color, or any other classification in accordance with federal, state, and local statutes, regulations and ordinances "Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran Status/VEVRAA Federal Contractor". Veterans are encouraged to self-identify as PCC Structurals desires to provide protected veterans priority referrals for open positions. PCC Structurals complies with all laws and regulations associated with the Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA).
In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 503-652-3512 for assistance. PCC Structurals is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor committed to providing priority referrals of protected veterans for its openings. Veterans are encouraged to self-identify as desires to provide protected veterans priority referrals for open positions. PCC Structurals complies with all laws and regulations associated with the Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA). If you would like more information about Equal Employment Opportunity as an applicant under the law, please visit www.eeoc.gov
Requisition ID: PCC-US.224216