Performance Food Group Class A Delivery Driver (No Weekends) in Portland, Oregon
Class A Delivery Driver (No Weekends)
Starting at $27.00 with a $5,000 sign-on bonus!
Why work for Vistar Northwest?
• Because success starts here!
• Be a part of a team that exceeds our customers’ expectations in every aspect of our business!
• We challenge you to reach your full potential and drive those key metrics to your pinnacle!
• We foster a culture of openness and trust all while maintaining our integrity when it comes to our customers.
• We love teamwork, employee success, and encourage growth opportunities from day one.
• Here at Vistar Northwest, we lead the industry by creating partnerships and growth with our customers, vendors, associates, and community. After all, when they succeed, we succeed!
This driver role is responsible for driving a tractor trailer or straight truck intrastate and/or interstate on local, over-the-road (OTR), shuttle, and/or overnight routes to deliver and unload various food and food related products to customers. All routes are expected to be completed safely in accordance with all Company policies and Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations. The driver communicates and interacts with customers, vendors and co-workers professionally ensuring all services and duties are executed in accordance with preferred work methods and customer service practices.
Perform all required safety checks (i.e. pre/post trip) including inspections of tractor/truck and trailer according to Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations; inspect tractor/truck and trailer to insure they meet company safety standards and take appropriate action as needed. Report all safety issues and/or repairs required.
Follow all DOT regulations and company safe driving guidelines and policies. Immediately report any and all safety hazards.
Inspect trailer for properly loaded and secured freight. Perform count check of items and check customer invoices of products that have been loaded. Check and complete in an accurate and in legible fashion all required paper work associated with freight.
Drive to and deliver customer orders according to predetermined route delivery schedule.
Unload products from the trailer, transport items into designated customer storage areas. Perform damage control checks on items, scanning and contact supervisor about removing orders according to company policy. Verify delivery of items with customer and obtain proper signatures. Collect money (cash or checks) where required. Load customer returns on to trailer and secure trailer doors.
Ensure that tractor, trailer and freight are appropriately locked and/or secured at all times.
Unload damaged goods and customer returns and bring to the driver check-in and complete necessary paperwork. Unload all equipment, materials and remove trash from trailers as required.
Complete daily record of hours of service and enter in log in accordance with Federal DOT, state and company requirements.
Perform general housekeeping duties in tractor, loading dock area and keep trailers clear and clean as required.
Performs other related duties as assigned.
Full Time / Part Time:
Performance Food Group and/or its subsidiaries (individually or collectively, the "Company") provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all applicants and employees, regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state and federal laws and regulations. Please click on the following links to review: (1) our EEO Policy at http://pfgc.com/Policy ; (2) the "EEO is the Law" poster at http://pfgc.com/Poster and supplement at http://pfgc.com/Supplement ; and (3) the Pay Transparency Policy Statement at http://pfgc.com/PayTransparency .
• 1+ years of commercial driving experience
• Foodservice distribution industry experience
• Onboard computer and electronic log system experience (i.e. PeopleNet)
• Hand-held point of delivery scanning system experience (i.e. POD)
• Customer service related work experience
Vistar is the nation’s leading provider of candy, snacks, beverages, and other convenience and frozen foods. For more than four decades, Vistar has served customers spanning vending and coffee service distributors, theaters, big box retail stores, concessions, and the hospitality industry. Vistar operates more than 20 distribution centers and 11 Merchant’s Marts throughout the country.
• High school diploma/GED
• Valid CDL A
• Meet all State licensing and/or certification requirements (where applicable)
• Must be 21 years of age
• Clean Motor Vehicle Report (MVR) for past 3 years
• Pass pre-employment drug test
• Pass road test
• Valid current DOT Health Card and/or able to secure new DOT Health Card
• Able to hand-lift and utilize two-wheeler, lift gate and/or other equipment to move and/or stack product cases/freight of varying size and weight throughout shift; product generally ranges from between 10-35 pounds and up to between approximately 60 and 90 pounds, depending on the location
Performance Food Group
- Performance Food Group Jobs