Compass Group, North America Chartwells Marketing/Communications Intern, Portland State Univ in PORTLAND, Oregon
At Chartwells Higher Education, people are at the core of our business. Together we build innovative food service concepts and serve fresh, local and nutritious meals at over 270 college campuses across the country. Twice named the Fastest Growing Brand by Nation’s Restaurant News, at Chartwells we take pride in creating opportunities for associates to grow their careers and achieve their development goals within the company.
*Position Title: Communication Intern
Department: PSU Eats at Portland State University
Hours: 10-15 hours a week
In this role, you will work closely with the Marketing Manager to promote the dining program here at PSU Eats. This involves research to understand the needs of the target market, planning & brainstorming, promotions & advertising through various platforms, and implementation. This is not your average internship; you will be spearheading various projects and will be able to request assignments to expand your knowledge base. This is a wonderful opportunity for anyone interested in the field of communications.*
• Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
• Customer service experience/knowledge
• Knowledge of social media platforms
• Good to better interpersonal skills
• General interest and knowledge
• Knowledge of graphic design tools is a plus
• Prior communication related experience is a plus *
*Job Responsibilities (May include any or all):
• Assist with Dine on Campus website
• Assist in social media calendar development and promotions
• Act as a brand representative
• Manage signage in multiple locations
• Assist with the creation of concepts, campaigns, and imagery to effectively communicate messages to the target market
• Develop and distribute content to established communication channels
• Research and implement best practices for the PSU Eats Newsletter
• Report on social media and newsletter metrics including traffic, reads, and engagement
• Attend meetings or other events as required
• Conduct general administrative tasks
• Other duties as assigned*
• Demonstrate awareness, understanding and skills necessary to work in a diverse environment.
• Learn how to create and implement a communication plan.
• Learn how to use multiple platforms and strategies to effectively promote a brand*
Apply to Chartwells Higher Education today!
/Chartwells Higher Education is a member of Compass Group USA/
Click here to Learn More about the Compass Story
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
*Req ID: *233563
ERIN A MORAN