The NPD Group, Inc. Product Specialist in Port Washington North, New York
Learn and work on meaningful initiatives with some of the best and brightest in the market research industry. The NPD Group provides the world's most successful brands with leading market research, combining consumer and retail point-of-sale data with analytic solutions to interpret today's market trends while anticipating tomorrow's. In addition, we offer a career filled with innovation and growth to the forward-thinking problem solvers who join our team.
As a member of the Product Management team, this individual will be responsible for analyzing data setsto assist with the enhancement of our existing product offerings, and the launch of new categories, in line with the company's product and revenue objectives.
* Assist the Industry Sector in achieving product objectives for POS and Consumer data products.
* Assist in the management of select products in portfolio.
* Extract and analyze data to formulate recommendations on changes to the product portfolio and effectively utilize data analysis to support recommendations.
* Participate in launching new data enhancements to keep products relevant in the industry.
* Assist in the expansion of our Consumer and POS data tracking to new categories and industry segments.
* Participate in developing new product specs, integrating feedback from internal and external constituents, and contributing to the product guide/business plan.
* Assist in the assessment of the product lifecycle to ensure the value proposition of each offering.
* Monitor revenue on a monthly basis to support the overall portfolio revenue.
* Collaborate with Operations, IT, Research Science and/or other support departments to articulate product requirements and manage the needs of the Practice.
* Gather user and market requirements through client interviews and feedback from Client Development, Sales and Analysts to assist in identifying data enhancement and new category opportunities.
* Assist in training client-facing staff on the features/benefits of new products or enhancements.
* Coordinate with Marketing to develop client-ready collateral.
* 2-4 years experience with market research, consumer goods or retail buying office.
* Familiarity with POS and/or Consumer data, preferably in syndicated and/or custom research.
* Strong organizational and project management skills.
* Strong desire to develop primary research skills.
* A keen ability to multi-task and manage the details while keeping an eye on the big picture.
* Ability to understand the features and benefits of products and explain their usage to colleagues and clients with regard to their particular needs.
* Passionate about understanding data analytics and how it can address business questions.
* Good customer presence with strong communication skills and leadership abilities.
* Prior experience with NPD software and data a plus.
* Expert in all MS Office products (Advanced Excel, PowerPoint, Word).
* BA/BS Degree
The NPD Group, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.