Stanley Acess Technologies Senior Business Systems Analyst, BS Monitoring Team in Plymouth, Minnesota
58632BRTitle:Senior Business Systems Analyst, BS Monitoring TeamBusiness:US - Global ITState / Country / Province:Minnesota Job Description:About the Team
Joining the Stanley Black & Decker team means joining one of the world’s largest, fastest-growing, and most dynamic companies. Stanley Black & Decker is unique in that we’ve got a rich and storied history dating back to 1843, but that hasn’t stopped us from evolving into a vibrant, diverse, global growth company poised and ready for the future.
Being a part of our team means living our core values of
courage & innovation
agility & performance
inclusivity & collaboration
integrity & accountability
It means thriving in an environment of constant innovation and positive change. It means delivering tools, services, and solutions that the world counts on when it really matters. It means maintaining the highest standards in everything you do, every day.
• Provides cost effective business systems and applications analysis in support of the development and implementation of business applications. Includes evaluation, analysis, documentation of requirements, translation into proper system requirement specifications and configuration.
• Formulates and defines systems scope and objectives based on both end-user needs and a thorough understanding of business systems, applications and industry requirements. Operates as a liaison between technical personnel and the appropriate end-user department.
• Evaluates and translates end user needs and problems to technical associates and/or vendors where appropriate.
• Understands the business implications of technical solutions, and assists in defining and documenting the technology solutions to support any future business needs.
• Teaches end users new technology and enhancements using all appropriate communication tools as well as providing support for existing system.
• This person is responsible for supporting Stanley Security alarm monitoring centers with projects directed by management and day to day IT support of systems and infrastructure.
• Conducts business process analyses, needs assessments, and preliminary cost/benefits analyses in an effort to align information technology solutions with business initiatives.
• Works with business users to define and analyse problems and align the most suitable technical, application or configuration solutions.
• Solicits, develops, documents and manages requirements and provides detailed design and business rules to support the requirements throughout the project life cycle up to and through change control.
• Considers the business implications of the application of technology to the current and future business environment.
• Reviews system test plans and system tests modules before implementation.
• Creates, reviews and delivers end-user documentation (user guide, process flow charts, training materials) and training for accuracy.
• Works with the user to select or create appropriate scenarios to test all results to determine whether system changes met project
specifications; uses scenarios to assist the end user in acceptance testing.
• In upgrades, monitors production performance enhancements and system integrity with end-users.
• Develops detailed implementation and upgrade project plans in conjunction with other account team associates.
• Ensures that documentation is updated when change requests are approved for the project.
• Provides input on processes, procedures, or new approaches.
• Provides support of security monitoring centers that includes alarm signal infrastructure and monitoring automation platform.
• Understands and applies principles, concepts, theories, technologies and standards of professional field.
• Develops and applies specialized knowledge within own discipline.
• Deepens knowledge through exposure to new assignments and continuous learning.
• Knowledge of related industry considerations.
• Good working knowledge and demonstrated ability utilizing systems, tools and procedures to accomplish job.
• Builds deeper understanding of processes, procedures, customers and organization.
• Assists program or process development and implementation.
• Coordinates activities and processes.
• Have working knowledge of alarm monitoring applications including MASterMind, SBN and other internal Monitoring applications is a plus.
• High level understanding of IT solutions and how they are leveraged to meet business needs.
• Applies research, gathering, analytical and interpretation skills to problems of diverse scope.
• Develops solutions to a variety of problems of moderate complexity.
• Screens, evaluates, reconciles, reports and resolves data integrity issues.
• Interprets generally defined practices and methods.
• Recognizes and acts on inconsistencies in data or results and escalates problems.
• Identifies issues beyond stated situation.
• Works on assignments where considerable judgment and initiative are required in resolving problems and making choices, decisions or recommendations
• Regularly exercises discretion and independent judgment.
• Involved with local or business specific engagement initiatives in support of broader programs.
• Weighs alternatives and considers service and business implications of decisions
• Removes barrier to change
• Works under general direction.
• Work is guided by objectives of the area or assignment.
• Refers to established policies and precedents as needed.
• Applies discretion and independent judgment to identify when deviation from standard practice is required without prior approval.
• May set project timeframes and priorities based on project objectives and ongoing assignments.
• Assumes responsibility to improve service, efficiency and quality of work.
• When assigned to a customer team, actively participates on small to medium sized project teams in support of customer deliverables.
• Contributes to area by ensuring quality of output.
• Contributes to the completion of milestones associated with specific projects or activities within own area.
• Establishes working relationships with others outside area of expertise.
• Applies knowledge and understanding of customer needs and other internal/external contacts.
Skills & Experience
• Knowledge of system development methodology, project management, system architecture and analytical/problem solving skills.
• 6-8 years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and work experience
• 2+ years of Project Management or relevant experience
• 2+ years IT Alarm Monitoring Center Experience preferred
• Undergraduate degree and 6-8 years relevant experience, or
• Graduate degree and 4-6 years relevant experience.Requisition Number:58632BRCity:PlymouthEEO Statement:All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran’s status or any other protected characteristic.