1st Source Bank Business Banker - Community Region, Plymouth, IN in Plymouth, Indiana
1st Source Bank is the largest locally controlled financial institution headquartered in the northern Indiana-southwestern Michigan area. 1st Source operates banking centers in 17 counties, 23 1st Source Bank Specialty Finance Group locations nationwide, eight Trust and Wealth Management locations and ten 1st Source Insurance offices. We deliver a comprehensive range of banking services along with highly personalized attention to our clients, individuals, businesses and communities. Our mission is to help our clients achieve security, build wealth and realize their dreams.
We are seeking professionals who are ambitious, friendly, and outgoing and looking to work within a company that demonstrates honesty, integrity and respect to all employees. We are committed to creating a diverse team whose strengths improve our ability to serve our customers. We offer pay commensurate with experience and a competitive benefit package. Veterans, Disabled and alumni of AmeriCorp and Peace Corp are encouraged to apply.
Responsible for the management of a portfolio of medium sized business and complex accounts. Typically manages a portfolio from $7-$15MM.
- Analyzes and approves credits within prescribed limits; recommends action on credits in excess of loan limits.
- Documents bank/customer relationships and commitments.
- Retains and strengthens current relationships and seek to develop new business.
- Reviews periodically the bank’s exposure and relative account profitability.
- Performs financial reviews on a timely basis.
- Complies with bank’s loan policies and procedures and legal requirements.
- Able to identify client needs (i.e., SBU products and services; such as cash management, etc.) and requests documents.
- Must be willing to travel for extended periods of time for training within different Small Business Units.
- Must have valid driver’s license.
- Completes all compliance training related to the position.
- Understands all applicable laws and regulations that apply to the position and complies with the requirements.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
Experience/Skills * One (1) to three (3) years retail banking or business banking sales experience preferred. * Prior sales and proactive calling skills preferred. * Knowledge of cash management products preferred. * Good PC skills--proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel essential. * Good verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate with all levels internally and externally. * Ability to maintain effective relationships with internal service partners and customers in order to gain their trust and respect. * Customer service oriented. * Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
Education Bachelor’s Degree in business, economics or finance is preferred.
Travel Requirements Ability to travel to off-site locations for meetings, projects, seminars, etc., as well as ability to travel overnight.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to sit, stand and walk; use hands and fingers to operate keyboard and other office equipment; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop or kneel. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
Equal Opportunity Employer -*Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran*