Blackhawk Network Sr Director, Technical accounting, Revenue and Reporting in Pleasanton, California
Blackhawk Network Holdings, Inc. is a global financial technology company and a leader in connecting brands and people through branded value solutions. Blackhawk platforms and solutions enable the management of stored value products, promotions and rewards programs in retail, ecommerce, financial services and mobile wallets. Blackhawk’s Hawk Commerce division offers technology solutions to businesses and direct to consumers. The Hawk Incentives division offers enterprise, SMB and reseller partners an array of platforms and branded value products to incent and reward consumers, employees and sales channels. Headquartered in Pleasanton, Calif., Blackhawk operates in 26 countries. For more information, please visit blackhawknetwork.com, cashstar.com, hawkcommerce.com, hawkincentives.com or our product websites GiftCards.com, giftcardmall.com, GiftCardLab.com and OmniCard.com.
We are looking for a Senior Director of Technical Accounting, Revenue and Reporting who will lead and manage a high performance team of technical accountants. You will report directly to the VP Global Controller and have visibility with our Executive Management team. In this role, you will be responsible for all aspects of the reporting, overseeing technical accounting research related to new and proposed accounting standards and complex revenue transactions. In addition, you will oversee the implementation, maintenance and review of world-wide accounting policies and procedures.
To be successful in this role, you will be an experienced technical professional who is able to interact effectively at all levels in the organization and have successful working relationships with multiple cross functional teams, including but not limited to: Accounting, Legal, FP&A, Sales and Operations. We are also looking for someone who thrives and enjoys working in a fast-paced, complex environment to support our continued growth and success.
• Manage review and approval of financial statements and footnotes with external auditors, inside and outside legal counsel and audit committees. Prepare timelines and meeting materials, and distribute draft financial statements.
• Oversee preparation of technical accounting memos for management conclusions and audit purposes.
• Provide guidance and oversight to revenue team
• Monitor the effects and assessing/communicating the effects of assigned proposed accounting pronouncements and SEC regulations and supervise drafting and/or draft disclosures in the financial statements and footnotes.
• Proactively identify, research, consult and draft technical memorandums on significant proposed and or completed transactions and complex issues.
• Oversee equity accounting and reporting including calculations for weighted average shares outstanding, diluted shares, EPS and stock-based compensation expense.
• Bachelor’s degree, in Accounting or Finance, CPA required
• 10+ years of accounting experience (SEC Reporting experience with a large, public multinational corporation and at least 5 - 7 years’ experience in public accounting)
• Expert level knowledge and in-depth experience with FASB, SEC, AICPA, rules and reporting
• Strong technical skills, analytical and verb/written communication skills
• Experience with complex revenue transactions and ASC 606 implementation
• Extremely attentive to detail
• Demonstrated leadership and people management skills
• Self-motivated individual with ability to work independently, meet tight deadlines and committed to success
• Adaptable and comfortable working in fast paced environments
• Ability to lead others through clear communication, coordination, project planning and project prioritization
• Experience with presenting to C-Suite leadership teams
• Ability to identify key issues and offer practical solutions
• Experience with M&A and valuation work required
Payments industry, FinTech background highly desired
Street: 6220 Stoneridge Mall Road