Carlton Senior Living Medication Manager in Pleasant Hill, California
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The purpose of the Medication Manager is to provide overall direction, coordination, and staff coverage of this department. The position directly supervises the Medication Technicians, including hiring, directing, training, and scheduling. The occupant of this position will ensure the highest possible quality of care, services and resident satisfaction while performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors and staff. Essential Duties and responsibilities Include the following. Other duties may be assigned. Regular and predictable attendance is an essential function of the job.:
Interviews residents or representative to obtain the necessary information for the resident’s needs, and for the proper dispensation of medications, attending Physician and Individual or Insurance Company responsible for payment of bill.
- Explains Community policies such as Guidelines to Medications, and Community Pharmacy’s benefits regarding medications, payment of accounts, and schedule of charges.
- Identifies and immediately reports any opportunities identified for further training needs of the Med. Techs to the DRS. Assists DRS in training/education as assigned.
- Enters resident information into computer and routes printed copy to designated personnel.
- Compiles data for occupancy and census records in the Medication’s Department.
- Verifies the resident’s medications prior to dispensation with the resident’s physician and every six months thereafter, in order to provide the best service and make sure the resident is taking the proper dosages and the proper medication.
- Manages the refill of medications, and changes directions as per Doctor’s orders.
- Monitors and supervises the dispensation, storage and destruction of medications; maintains records and logs of medications as per State Regulations, Company Policies and Doctor orders.
- Understands and enforces Company Policies and Procedures and State Regulations.
- Understands all emergency protocols, responds to emergencies, and assists DRS in providing direction for associates during emergencies when needed.
- Maintains Med Room in compliance with Infection Control and Standard Precautions Policies with emphasis on proper Biohazard Waste/Sharps Management and Disposal.
Immediately reports resident changes in condition to Community Nurse and/or DRS Supervisory Responsibilities:
You may be required to provide prospective resident tours of your Community as part of the back-up tour team
- Responsibilities may include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- May perform daily payroll edits. Adjust payroll records as appropriate. Perform end of period review.
- Observe work environment for potential injury hazards and take appropriate preventative safety precautions. Actively participate in prevention, reporting, and management of Workers’ Comp. Claims.
- Able to read and write reports, business correspondence, memos and staff performance evaluations.
May manage staff schedules. Qualifications:
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively.
- Interact well with our Carlton Family – residents, family members, all staff members, futureresidents.
- Reasoning Ability
- Ability to apply common sense understanding and carry out written or oral instructions.
- Education and Experience
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- One to three months related experience and/or training
- Or equivalent combination of education and experience
- According to Title 22 requirements, employee must be at least eighteen (18) years of age.
- Certificates, License, Registration
- Current First Aid Certification (obtained through community)
- DOJ and FBI fingerprint clearance must be completed prior to working in community (obtained through community)
- Health screening and negative TB test, must be less than six (6) months old. (obtained through community)