Samsung Electronics America Senior Manager, Reverse Logistics in Plano, Texas
We are actively seeking a skilled and experienced Sr. Manager in Reverse Logistics. Our ideal leader balances strategic and operational experience, brings innovation and process orientation at large scale, and demonstrates an entrepreneurial approach to evaluating and solving business processes and challenges. If you thrive in creating and building in a highly complex and fast-paced environment, can skillfully navigate both internally and externally with partners, and are energized by the evolution of a critical area for Samsung, then we want you to consider this key leadership role. Key responsibilities include:
• Understand the current business processes; create a vision and strategy for the evolved organization; and implement best-in-class, customer-centric solutions.
• Work closely with logistics network including Return Centers, 3PL providers, transportation carriers, and vendor partners to transform return operations.
• Partner internally with the sales, marketing and operations organizations to develop a fully integrated strategy, maximize value on returned goods, establish channel partner relationships for secondary sales, and drive measurable results.
• Act as key point of integration across the organization on all things return related.
• Serve as a key advisor in negotiations with existing 3rd parties and engage new partners as needed, using analytics and deep knowledge of our operations to provide insight on cost profiles and ideal partnerships.
• Drive the operational and financial performance of Return Center through developing and analyzing both long-range and short term forecasts, financial goals, key business strategies and initiatives.
• Review and resolve issues with suppliers, factories, service providers, merchandising, store operations, distribution, safety, customers, and other related supply chain components as required.
• Provide thought leadership and use data to influence peers and leaders; driving toward action
and leading key partners toward the right business decisions
Role and Responsibilities
Bachelor's Degree with 12+ years of directly related supply chain/reverse logistics experience required
Experience with durable goods, home appliances, consumer electronics, etc. highly preferred
Experience developing strategies that anticipate future business needs, identify opportunities for innovation and improvement, secondary markets experience a plus
Prior leadership executing strategies to improve efficiencies by optimizing performance and expense
Solid experience in leading and managing world class Reverse Logistics operations, including distressed inventory management, distressed product handling techniques, and material sourcing
Outstanding communication skills, as well as managerial and critical problem solving skills
Strong collaborator who thrives in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
A high level of intellectual curiosity and passion to be part of creating something new
Unquestioned integrity and personal values
Results-oriented; capable of significantly increasing business unit performance, as well as formulating and implementing strategic business decisions
People-oriented, hardworking, intelligent, professionally aggressive, with a strong work ethic and stamina; high energy and action orientation with the ability to make things happen
Travel up to 15% annually
Samsung Electronics America, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce, and provides Equal Employment Opportunity for all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, genetic information, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Skills and Qualifications
Samsung Electronics is a global leader in technology, opening new possibilities for people everywhere. Through relentless innovation and discovery, we are transforming the worlds of TVs, smartphones, wearable devices, tablets, digital appliances, and network systems, and the entire semiconductor industry with our memory, system LSI, foundry, and LED solutions. Samsung is also leading in the development of the Internet of Things through, among others, our Smart Home and Digital Health initiatives.
Since being established in 1969 , Samsung Electronics has grown into one of the world’s leading technology companies, and become recognized as one of the top global brands. Our network now extends across the world, and Samsung takes great pride in the creativity and diversity of its talented people, who drive our growth. To discover more, please visit our official newsroom at ( https://news.samsung.com/global/ ).
Samsung Electronics America
- Samsung Electronics America Jobs