Citizens Options Unlimited Direct Support Professional Citizens Plainview House B non driver Mon 7a-12p, Sun 7a-4p 14 hrs per week in Plainview, New York
Helen Kaplan ICF-House B
Plainview, NY, USA
Plainview House B non driver
Mon 7a-12p, Sun 7a-4p
14 hours per week
The pay scale for this position is $14.00-$14.50 in consideration of experience
Citizens offers a variety of residential supports based upon the level of support and supervision required by each person to include Individualized Residential Alternatives (IRA’s) and Intermediate Care Facilities (ICF’s).
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Successful completion and maintenance of AMAP status
- The ability to communicate and understand written and oral directives/information and an excellent team player with a positive attitude.
As a non-qualified driver you cannot drive an agency vehicle or transport the people we support.
Primary duties and responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Practices and promotes Citizens mission statement in every interaction
- Provide ongoing support to people in becoming active participants in every aspect of their lives (i.e., self-care routines to include feeding, showering, dressing and diapering), health, safety, household chores, socialization and overall well being) and to ensure that a high quality of life is maintained
- Successfully completes and maintains AMAP certification and assists people supported with medication administration according to the AMAP policy and procedures
- Supports people in preparing meals by teaching concepts such as diet adherence, portion control and cooking skills.
Posted: April 20, 2020