PNC Software Manager in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Auto req ID:
HR Job Code:
100220 Software Mgr
Manages development projects, development teams and application support functions.
Oversees multiple application programming and analysis projects which include development, installation and maintenance of application programs.
Monitors and maintains adherence and compliance to quality standards on an ongoing basis.
Maximizes staff contribution through professional growth and development, to increase teamwork and more effectively meet business needs.
Analyzes applications to ensure that all systems that are developed, meet business needs and specifications.
PA - Pittsburgh
Line of Business:
PA374 - Two PNC Plaza
Total Hours Per Week:
PNC provides equal employment opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law
PA - Pittsburgh
Required Education and Experience:
Roles at this level typically require a university / college degree, with 5+ years of industry-relevant experience. At least 3 years of prior management experience is typically required. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience (including military service) may be considered.
Builds Winning Teams - Extensive Experience
- Develops talent by creating engaged, inclusive and diverse teams who are empowered to speak freely and act with integrity.
Leads Effective Change - Extensive Experience
- Recognizes the need for, takes personal accountability to adapt, and leads others through organizational change.
Drives for Results - Extensive Experience
- Demonstrates energy and a desire to succeed; follows through on commitments; pushes self and others to deliver exceptional results.
Establishes Vision and Purpose - Working Experience
- Creates a compelling vision of the future and translates it into action, linking others' contributions to the success of PNC.
Job Specific Competencies:
Application Development Tools - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of and ability to utilize a variety of specific tools and toolkits for the development and support of applications.
Application Delivery Process - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of major tasks, deliverables, and formal application delivery methodologies; ability to utilize these in order to deliver new or enhanced applications.
IT Environment - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of an organization's IT purposes and activities; ability to create an effective IT environment for business operations.
Manages Risk - Extensive Experience
- Assesses and effectively manages all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure activities are in alignment with the bank's and unit's risk appetite and risk management framework.
Customer Focus - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions, and ability to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
At PNC, our people are our greatest differentiator and competitive advantage in the markets we serve. We are all united in delivering the best experience for our customers. As a(n) Software Manager within PNC's Retail Digital Technology organization, you will be based in Pittsburgh, PA.
You will be responsible for managing the development of the technology that supports products and customer experiences that exist on PNC.COM. This will include consumer offer management, managing shopping links and entry points to account origination experiences, developing key applications such as branch locators, geographic rate and pricing displays, tablet applications, and coupon management. You will also be responsible for managing the shared Adobe Experience Manager infrastructure for use across PNC.Com shopping experiences.
As a leader in the software development part of the Change the Bank team, you will be expected to drive strong development practices, driving high quality and secure code that protects our customers and the bank.
The ideal candidate will be able to build and motivate an effective team made up of full time employees and contractors appropriate to the business demands. You will also support a variety of internal and external business customers as well as work with other teams inside and outside of technology. For this reason, you should display strong communication, negotiation, and learning skills to be able to manage the disparate number of stakeholders you will serve.
The below skills would be considered a plus for the ideal candidate:
Adobe Experience Manager
micro-service architecture understanding and/or experience
Mobile Optimized Development
- PNC Jobs