PNC Product Manager III in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Auto req ID:
HR Job Code:
100730 Product Mgr III
Responsible for end-to-end business and financial results for multi-faceted, complex products through the selection, design, development and promotion of new and existing products utilizing traditional and emerging capabilities in technology, operations, and data analytics to offer customers a differentiated product experience.
Uses knowledge of emerging technologies to deliver products to customers through all applicable channels. Prioritizes and makes decisions regarding recommendations. Champions business cases, business plan and roll-out of specific products, product groups or experiences.
Monitors the marketplace to assess product, technology, and markets trends to identify a market need or opportunity. Recommend innovative new products, new experiences or enhancements to existing products and develops and designs the features of a designated new or existing products Manages the end-to-end development, production, roll-out, pricing or promotion of specific products, product groups or experiences and resolves complex operational and process problems that arise .
Partners with key stakeholders including sales, marketing, digital channel delivery, and other internal service partners. Participates and/or leads activities with external stakeholders and clients to ensure all product offerings meet their strategic goals. Develops product-specific marketing initiatives. Supports risk management, compliance and audit needs as part of the first line of defense.
Drives business, financial and customer experience results of new and existing products and recommends modifications in product features and/or marketing to improve results. Coordinates across groups and leads key contributors.
PA - Pittsburgh
Product Manager III
Line of Business:
Retail Banking - Product & Pricing
PA370 - One PNC Plaza
Total Hours Per Week:
PNC provides equal employment opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law
PA - Pittsburgh
Required Education and Experience:
Roles at this level typically require a university / college degree. Higher level education such as a Masters degree, PhD, or certifications is desirable. Industry relevant experience is typically 8+ years. Specific certifications are often required. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience (including military service) may be considered.
Job Specific Competencies:
Business Acumen - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge, insight, and understanding of business concepts, tools, and processes that are needed for making sound decisions in the context of the company's business; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
Effective Communications - Extensive Experience
- Understanding of effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors.
Innovation - Working Experience
- Develops new ideas and initiatives that improve the performance of the organization.
Competitive Environment - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of and ability to utilize the processes, tools and techniques for gathering, analyzing, and communicating information about the competitive environment.
KNOWLEDGE OF PRODUCT LINE - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of methodologies, tools and techniques for specific products; ability to develop product line processes and strategies.
Solutions Development - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of and the ability to assess customer needs and provide solutions for them.
Emerging Technologies - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of and ability to design, apply and evaluate new information technologies for business environments in order to improve work productivity and accuracy.
Problem Solving - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of approaches, tools, techniques for recognizing, anticipating, and resolving organizational, operational or process problems; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
Producing Results - Extensive Experience
- Understanding of the criticality of getting things done in spite of current circumstances and the ability to utilize assigned resources and leverage back-channel resources (individuals or teams) to achieve or exceed planned outcomes.
Decision Making and Critical Thinking - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of the decision-making process and associated tools and techniques; ability to accurately analyze situations and reach productive decisions based on informed judgment.
Collaborating - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of collaborative techniques and ability to promote a culture of information sharing and working together to solve business problems and meet business goals.
Manages Risk - Working Experience
- Assesses and effectively manages all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure activities are in alignment with the bank's and unit's risk appetite and risk management framework.
Customer Focus - Working Experience
- Knowledge of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions, and ability to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
At PNC, our people are our greatest differentiator and competitive advantage in the markets we serve. We are all united in delivering the best experience for our customers. As a Product Manager within PNC's Personal and Student Lending organization, you will be based in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.