PNC Enterprise Infrastructure Manager in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Auto req ID:
HR Job Code:
100303 Enterprise Infrastructure Mgr
Delivers products/services in alignment with business needs and objectives. Responsible for multiple teams or departments within the Enterprise Infrastructure function.
Contributes to infrastructure planning, development strategies/initiatives and product lifecycle/service orientation; determines current and future enterprise infrastructure needs. Oversees portfolio/program/project management responsibilities. Directs financial management and risk management capabilities.
Contributes to stable and secure environment, incident management, product health/patching, and the asset management lifecycle. May communicate with vendors, suppliers and executive management to ensure availability of infrastructure technologies and support.
Implements best practices for technology architecture and management.
Directs, motivates, develops and oversees the performance of the management team and key staff.
PA - Pittsburgh
Enterprise Infrastructure Manager
Line of Business:
PA371 - USX Tower/Steel Building
Total Hours Per Week:
PNC provides equal employment opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law
PA - Pittsburgh
Required Education and Experience:
Roles at this level typically require a university / college degree. Higher level education such as a Masters degree, PhD, or certifications is desirable. Industry experience is typically 8+ years. At least 5 years of prior management experience is typically required. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience (including military service) may be considered.
Builds Winning Teams - Extensive Experience
- Develops talent by creating engaged, inclusive and diverse teams who are empowered to speak freely and act with integrity.
Leads Effective Change - Extensive Experience
- Recognizes the need for, takes personal accountability to adapt, and leads others through organizational change.
Drives for Results - Extensive Experience
- Demonstrates energy and a desire to succeed; follows through on commitments; pushes self and others to deliver exceptional results.
Establishes Vision and Purpose - Extensive Experience
- Creates a compelling vision of the future and translates it into action, linking others' contributions to the success of PNC.
Job Specific Competencies:
IT Industry: Trends & Directions - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of and ability to analyze marketplace experiences, developments and trends related to the function of Information Technology (IT).
IT Architecture - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of and ability to design and improve organizational IT structures and blueprints in order to better support business operations and efficiently achieve organizational objectives.
IT ENVIRONMENT - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of an organization's IT purposes, activities and standards; ability to create an effective IT environment for business operations.
System and Technology Integration - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of the features and facilities of systems, and the ability to integrate and communicate among applications, databases and technology platforms.
IT Standards, Procedures & Policies - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of and the ability to utilize a variety of administrative skill sets and technical knowledge to manage organizational IT policies, standards, and procedures.
IT SERVICE MANAGEMENT (ITSM) - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of and the ability to utilize a variety of management skill sets and technical tools to ensure quality and high standards in IT services.
HARDWARE INFRASTRUCTURE - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of and the ability to design, implement and integrate IT hardware for its use in business environments.
IT SYSTEMS MANAGEMENT - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of and ability to utilize a variety of technical tools and techniques to guarantee service availability and ensure IT system performance.
Information Security Technologies - Working Experience
- Knowledge of technologies and technology-based solutions dealing with information security issues.
Manages Risk - Extensive Experience
- Assesses and effectively manages all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure activities are in alignment with the bank's and unit's risk appetite and risk management framework.
Customer Focus - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions, and ability to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
At PNC, our people are our greatest differentiator and competitive advantage in the markets we serve. We are all united in delivering the best experience for our customers. As a(n) Enterprise Infrastructure Manager within PNC's TIS organization, you will be based in Pittsburgh.
The Enterprise Infrastructure Manager (Configuration Management Database (CMDB)) is responsible for managing the IT Service Management (ITSM) processes in accordance to the model based on ITIL best practices. He or she should be practitioner in the area, focused on core ITSM / ITIL functions including but not limited to areas such as problem management, incident management, change management, configuration management, and service level management.
The Enterprise Infrastructure Manager (Configuration Management Database (CMDB)) will be responsible for the Enterprise CMDB and Asset Management processes and ensuring overall compliance to policy and procedures supporting overall Risk and Audit solutions. (S)he ensures that standardized methods and procedures are used for efficient management and prompt handling of the CMDB and IT Asset components in order to ensure consistency and service quality, and consequently identifies opportunities to improve the day-to-day operations of the organization.
Key Position Responsibilities:
Maintains, executes, and improves the Enterprise CMDB and IT Asset Management policies, procedures and processes in adherence with global and local requirements resulting in the provision of stable and reliable IT Services
Implements best practices to support a collection of up-to-date and inter-related configuration and change metrics about IT infrastructure, applications, and business services to ensure data reliability, durability, and availability
Coordinates and manages all CMDB and IT Asset processes, work instructions, activities, and governance
Works with the customers to define and implement mechanisms needed to ensure full control, attestation, onboarding, and off boarding of the customer's Configurable Items (CI), Classes, and business requirements for the overall CMDB and IT Asset Management.
Maintains documentation and accurate usage of the CMDB and IT Assets
Assists in defining and registering of Classes and CIs: the appropriate level of attributes, and relationships required to support IT Service Management (ITSM) processes
Enacts system audit practices and conduct audits to ensure data integrity
Reconciles the CMDB and IT Asset data when exceptions are noted between discovery information and any other authoritative production data repositories
Supports design, development, and implementation of automated processes for gathering, populating, and maintaining CMDB/IT Asset data
Drives continuous development and management of Service Quality, including driving continually measurable KPI improvements
Implements standards and improves CMDB/IT Asset management process execution efficiency
Leads process integration efforts with other ITSM processes
Ensures all reporting and data is delivered in a timely manner
Maintains and improves process effectiveness (quality), process efficiency (cost), process performance (throughput), and process vulnerability (security)
Initiates follow-up actions to correct any problems or inefficiencies arising during execution of the CMDB/IT Asset Management process
Communicates CMDB activities to enhance general awareness of processes and standard
Liaises and works with external partners and third party suppliers whenever necessary