Southland Home Health Registered Nurse (RN) - East Valley in Phoenix, Arizona
Full time positions available.
Sign On Bonus: $500.00 for full time
To provide nursing care to the terminally ill Hospice patient as needed. To provide assistance and understanding to the family in the home care situation and in time of bereavement. To work as a member of the Hospice team in providing Hospice care.
- Be a Registered Nurse (R.N.).
- Current State License as a Registered Nurse
- Ability to relate positively and favorably with patients and staff.
- Demonstrate good oral and written communication along with good documentation skills.
- Meet all agency clinical requirements.
- Minimum 2 years of experience as a registered nurse, preferred.
- Active patient contact within past three years, preferred Responsibilities/essential job functions::
Incumbent must be able to perform the following essential job functions – with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Regularly assesses and reassesses the nursing needs of the Hospice patient.
- Provides dietary counseling.
- Provides Hospice nursing services, treatments and preventive procedures.
- Initiates nursing procedures appropriate for the patient’s Hospice care and safety.
- Observes signs and symptoms and reports to the physician and IDG members any unexpected changes in the patient’s physical or emotional condition.
- Teaches, supervises and counsels the Hospice patient and family members about providing care for the patient.
- Supervises and trains other nursing service personnel.
- Develops and re-evaluates the patient/family care plan in conjunction with IDG to meet needs and maintain continuity of care.
- Performs specific nursing procedures as needed (e.g., treatments, management of symptoms) following doctor’s orders.
- Attends team conferences.
- Maintains records as required by Hospice.
- Follows the policies and procedures of Hospice. Observes confidentiality and safeguards all patient-related information in compliance with HIPAA regulations.
- Always communicates to the supervisor if unable to meet a patient’s need or perform a procedure.
- Participates in on-call system and is responsible for providing on-call coverage when unavailable for assigned duties.
- Maintain skills and knowledge.
- Works with interdisciplinary group concept of patient care.
- Coordinates the implementation of the plan of care for patients residing in SNF, NF, ICF or MR.
- Organizes work schedule and utilizes time management to be able to attend all required meetings.
- Complies with agency infection control policies and protocols.
- Assist with orientation, teaching and training as requested.
- Other duties as assigned by Director