Penn Medicine Technical Specialist Med Technician - Endocrinology/Autolab in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Technical Specialist Med Technician - Endocrinology/Autolab
Job ID :76941
Job Category: Medical Laboratory/Pathology
Specialty Area: Medical Laboratory/Pathology
Primary Shift: Day
Work Schedule: Varies
Penn Medicine Entity: Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Address: 3400 Spruce St
Education Required: Per Position Description
Experience Required: Per Position Description
Employment Type: Full-Time Regular
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
Position Description :
• Performs appropriately requested clinical laboratory analyses on all types of laboratory specimens, produces and documents accurate laboratory results for diagnosis and treatment of disease.
• Adheres to Penn Medicine’s policies and procedures and conforms to all safety practices.
• Maintains specified laboratory documents required by various accreditation agencies.
• Maintains the confidentiality of health information on all patients.
• Assists in overseeing the daily technical and administrative functions
Minimum Requirements :
• Extensive knowledge in chemistry and immunoassay methods
• Notable experience in instrument and method validation, at least 1-3 years’ experience
• Superb communication skills, able to work with various professional levels including senior leadership, team player and leadership skills
• Experience with Microsoft Office including Excel, PowerPoint; Desirable EP Evaluator
• Able to exhibit sound judgment in decision making with minimal supervision
• Some knowledge of middleware, e.g. Remisol, DI
• Preferred experience in rule writing
• Preferred experience with front end automation
• Project Management-able to execute from start to finish within a defined timeline
Additional Information :
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Penn Medicine http://www.pennmedicine.org/careers/
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.