Penn Medicine Spec Interventnal Radiographer in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Spec Interventnal Radiographer
Job ID :77040
Job Category: Radiology/Imaging
Specialty Area: Radiology/Imaging
Primary Shift: Variable
Work Schedule: variable
Penn Medicine Entity: Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Address: 3400 Spruce St
Education Required: Per Position Description
Experience Required: Per Position Description
Employment Type: Full-Time Regular
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
Position Description :
• Greets patient, identifies self and interacts with patient to gain trust and insure patient support
• Perform hand hygiene before and after every patient encounter.
• Explains procedures to patient/family
• Prepares patients for procedures according to section protocols
• Performs procedures consistent with section protocols
• Monitors patient status, tolerance, well-being, and safety throughout and after procedure
• Verifies patient identity and insures preparation for procedure by using two patient identifiers (full name, date of birth, medical record number).
• Thoroughly completes all pre and post exam paperwork, specific to the Department protocol for the exam being performed. This includes but not limited to: patient questionnaire, contrast administration documentation, medication reconciliation, post exam care, etc.
• Aids radiologists, doctors and other UPHS team members in completing procedures according to applicable protocol
• Ensures that patient’s status and care is sustained while patient is in Radiology, i.e. IV needs, O2 needs, etc.
• Responds to emergency situations according to department/hospital policies
• Administers contrast agents where applicable. Identifies high risk patients are brought to the attention of the Radiologist. Manages non-controlled medications according to UPHS guidelines and Physicians orders. Ensures a clean environment when handling any medication. Prepares and administers the medication per protocol.
• Responds to any need, issue or concern of a patient while the patient is in there care. Takes care of the need and/or had the need addressed as needed.
• Compete hand off communication before and after every exam per hospital protocol and department process.
Minimum Requirements :
ARRT, CT Certification (required)
Graduate of an accredited radiologic technologist program with a minimum of two+ years CT experience preferred.
Additional Information :
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Penn Medicine http://www.pennmedicine.org/careers/
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.