Penn Medicine Population Health Prgm Coord in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Population Health Prgm Coord
Job ID :76701
Job Category: Other
Specialty Area: Other
Primary Shift: Day
Work Schedule: Variable
Penn Medicine Entity: Clinical Practices of the University of Pennsylvania
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Address: 3615 Chestnut Street
Education Required: Per Position Description
Experience Required: Per Position Description
Employment Type: Full-Time Regular
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
Position Description :
Population Health Program Coordinator
This position supports the clinical practices of Geriatrics including the Penn Memory Center in performing the project management, reporting and data collection & dissemination duties essential to improving practice performance on quality and population health measures. Supervises and provides oversight of a research coordinator and assistants in the Penn Memory Center to facilitate synergies amongst the programs. This position reports directly to the practice manger and all duties are performed under the direction of the Director of Geriatrics, Medical Director and Practice Manager.
Summary of Accountabilities:
• Responsible for reporting, data collection and information distribution on projects integral to sustaining QI initiatives, payer programs, NCQA level 3 status, care management, & population management initiatives
• Manages disease-based dashboards and registries
• Identifies care gaps in collaboration with the Population Health Director
• Coordinate strategic efforts in addressing the population health care gaps
• Works with data analyst and/or will run reports on chronic disease management metrics, utilization
• Works with data analyst and/or will maintain and develop monthly reports of key elements needed for the projects and feedback to the practice on progress.
• Coordinate process improvement projects and provide implementation support to care teams
• Provide project management support to the Division Director and Medical Director.
• Responsible for project coordination associated with CPC+ under the direction of the Division Director and the practice leadership team
• Reviews and completes reports for city, state and federal agencies, including payers under the direction of the Director of Practice Operations
• Completes and submits monthly reports.
In addition to the items outlined above this position is responsible for performing essential operational and administrative duties including organizing meetings, taking and distributing meeting minutes, setting agendas. Will support the clinical leadership in maintaining a patient/customer focus, supports the delivery of highest quality care, shares a passion for patient and customer centered care, and assists in meeting or exceeding patient satisfaction and financial and operational targets.
Minimum Requirements :
Master’s Degree in Public Health preferred, Bachelor’s Degree required
At least 2 years of experience in Healthcare, preferably in Healthcare Administration or Population Health
Or related field. Previous experience performing technical and functional analyses of information, including accessing and reporting on data through clinical data systems.
Additional Information :
Excellent communication skills, ability to operate with limited direction and to multi-task and attention to detail is required
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Penn Medicine http://www.pennmedicine.org/careers/
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.