Penn Medicine Lead Performance Improvement Advisor RN in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Lead Performance Improvement Advisor RN
Job ID :75827
Job Category: Quality/Performance Improvement
Specialty Area: Quality/Performance Improvement
Primary Shift: Day
Work Schedule: M-F
Penn Medicine Entity: Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Address: 3400 Spruce St
Education Required: Bachelors Degree
Experience Required: 1 - 3 Years
Employment Type: Full-Time Regular
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
Position Description :
The Lead Performance Improvement Advisor is embedded in the Operations Improvement Department yet is charged with process improvement across the hospital. This position functions as an internal consultant, utilizing state-of-the-art performance improvement methodologies to improve processes within clinical, ancillary, support, and administrative departments. Working with hospital leadership and staff at all levels of the organization; the incumbent evaluates processes, identifies opportunities, and implements improvements. Incumbent should be an expert with the following: use of PI tools, consultation/facilitation, data analysis, project management, and change management. The Lead Performance Improvement Advisor must be capable of forming relationships quickly at all levels in the organization to ensure effectiveness. Experience in education and curriculum development is a plus. Experience in Infection Prevention is a plus. An RN is preferred, but candidates with commensurate experience will be considered.
Minimum Requirements :
Minimum Certifications, Registry and/or Licenses Required:
• Lean Leader Certification, Lean Six Sigma Black Belt, PMP, or other ASQ certification required. RN preferred.
Degree Requirements and Minimum Experience Required:
• Master’s level preferred. RN BSN preferred. BA/BS plus 4 additional years of equivalent work experience considered.
• 2-3 years recent experience utilizing Six Sigma, Lean, Change Management methodologies, facilitative leadership and project management skills at an expert level.
• Expert level competence in at least 1 state-of the art performance improvement methodology
• In depth knowledge of hospital operations
• Understanding of patient flow and capacity management.
• Project management, leadership, and organization skills
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Consultative, presentation and group facilitation skills
• Analytical in areas of process improvement and workflow management
• Ability to document in an articulate and organized fashion
• Strong PC literacy
• Proficiency with MS Office (Access, Excel, Word and PowerPoint, Project), Visio, and MiniTab
• Resourcefulness and self-starter
• Ability to attend to multiple tasks simultaneous, prioritize tasks and perform in a fast paced environment.
• Ability to work under the supervision of others and when appropriate, take initiative to make independent decision.
• Ability to resolve conflict in a timely and appropriate manner.
Additional Information :
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Penn Medicine http://www.pennmedicine.org/careers/
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.