Comcast Campus Recruiter in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
The Campus Recruiter for University Relations will be responsible for collaborating with management to source high-potential student talent for formal internship and co-op programs at Comcast headquarters. This role will own the life cycle of seasonal campus recruitment, including attending school career fairs, establishing and growing relationships with key university staff and career professionals, attending pre-nights and information sessions, and working with designated campus recruitment teams to conduct on-campus interviews.
The Recruiter will also be responsible for proactive talent identification and engagement with student groups and leaders, with a particular focus on organizations committed to diversity in the entry-level workforce. The primary focus will be undergraduate talent, specifically in the realms of technology, engineering, and analytics, with some focus on finance, human resources, communications, marketing, sales, and operations. There will also be some engagement with MBA, JD, and high school student populations.
This role will report to the Director of University Relations & Military Hiring. The role will partner with the Campus Intern Program Manager, peer campus recruiters at Comcast and NBCUniversal, and campus specialists to implement and execute recruitment strategies (i.e. technology, marketing/branding, and social media) that are in alignment with industry best practices. This individual will also partner closely with Workforce Diversity Recruitment and Talent Acquisition to serve the need for entry-level talent for internal clients throughout the business. Building working relationships directly with hiring managers, HR & Finance business partners, Talent Acquisition Operations Specialists, the Candidate Care interview scheduling team, and campus recruitment teams will be a priority.
The ideal candidate will be able to navigate an organization and group that is in growth mode and moving at a fast tempo to keep pace with the ever-changing technology and media landscape. Ultimate success will take the shape of providing excellent support to our internal clients, as well as building solid relationships with student talent to support our efforts of branding Comcast as an employer of choice.
- Attend campus career fairs, information sessions, and speaking engagements at organizations regarding the Company, employment opportunities, and formal Intern/co-op program opportunities.
- Ensure successful utilization of campus recruitment TRM system at career events.
- Actively promote UR Programs by leveraging social media for recruitment efforts, as well as serving as an ambassador for the Comcast/NBCUniversal brand.
- Create initial job requisitions including outlining requirements for positions and ensure the requisitions are approved and posted to the applicant tracking system.
- Utilize feedback from hiring departments to develop firm understanding of department cultures and position requirements, including skills and background required for positions and programs.
- Partner with UR leaders to create and review interview guides and student Look Books.
- Review student applications, resumes, and other credentials. Conduct phone screens and in-person interviews. Screen and refer candidates for additional interviews. Lead the scheduling of interviews with Hiring Managers. Provide timely follow up and correspondence.
- Partner with UR leaders to ensure identification of diverse talent is central to the sourcing and recruitment strategy for each program.
- Partner with UR leaders to build and implement a campus champion and student ambassador model for university recruitment on target campuses, for select, formal internship and co-op programs.
- Extend and negotiate offers of employment. Handle several aspects of the recruitment process including job requisition design, sourcing, and screening.
- Oversee pre-employment checks, compliance, and on-boarding aspects of the recruitment process.
- Initiate contact with qualified candidates and provide pre-employment information regarding job & program requirements, location, wages, and employment policies.
- Partner with Talent Acquisition team to oversee background investigations and verifications of educational and employment experience.
- Develop and maintain relationships with national and local campus diversity foundations and organizations, colleges, and campus recruiters both internally and in peer industries.
- Ensure recruitment process is compliant with state, federal and employment laws. Work with HR teams to ensure compliance with reporting requirements.
- Substantial travel may be required for campus events during peak recruitment season (and national diversity conferences where needed).
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance required.
- Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent
- Extensive University Relations recruitment experience
- Experience planning and managing campus programs and intern/coop events
- Strong attention to detail; process oriented
- Ability to work independently in Applicant Tracking System (ATS)
- Strong understanding of technology and social media, including but not limited to LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram
- Demonstrated ability to build internal and external relationships
- Excellent communication skills: verbal and written
- Ability to multi-task, demonstrated capability to execute in the unique campus recruitment space
- Flexibility to react quickly to changing business requirements and client needs
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines while maintaining a high level of professionalism
- Desire to build knowledge and thorough understanding of business areas
- Previous experience with campus recruitment software a plus
- Experience with campus-specific sourcing methods a plus
- 25-30% travel
Employees at all levels are expect to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how
you do your job
- Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put our
customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint,
and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our
game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital
tools and experiences
- Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and being
open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working that
brings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by joining
huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do
better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Generally requires 2-5 years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer
- Comcast Jobs