Newell Brands Maintenance Technician in Perrysburg, Ohio
Position Title: Maintenance Technician - 2nd Shift
Reports to: Maintenance Supervisor
Location: Perrysburg, OH
Safety minded technician will be responsible for maintenance and repairs associated with industrial conveyors, stamping presses, robotics, facilities and general machinery.
• Perform preventative maintenance and calibration on assigned equipment and instrumentation.
• Diagnose and repair electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic control system problems on production machinery, auxiliary equipment and fixtures.
• Communication with management team and production personnel to ensure efficient operations.
• Revise prints and manuals to indicate changes in control circuitry as indicated.
• Properly perform welding-fabrication.
• Perform facility maintenance repair actions on equipment and building structures (ie. Paint, repair doors, toilets, maintenance work as needed).
• Perform other duties as required.
• High school diploma or GED required.
• Ability to read electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic prints.
• Understanding of process controls and energy management.
• Must be able to communicate well with others both verbally and in writing.
• Physically able to bend, squat, twist, push/pull, reach and lift up to 50 pounds.
• Must successfully complete the Lock Out/Tag Out training.
• Complete and maintain required safety training and qualifications.
• Proficient in performing troubleshooting on hydraulic, pneumatic, HVAC and electrical systems
• Proficient in the use of MS Office applications.
• Proficient in all safety and housekeeping requirements.
• Sense of urgency with ability to manage time effectively and complete assigned tasks in a timely manner.
• Job related experience with troubleshooting of 3+ years.
• Ability to understand and follow directions.
• Ability to troubleshoot PLC.
• Must have mechanical ability and basic knowledge of machinery operations.
• Must have the ability to work in a team environment.
• Willingness to work overtime.
• Must be able to follow protocols and process established for emergency situations, including evacuations.
Newell Brands (NASDAQ: NWL) is a leading global consumer goods company with a strong portfolio of well-known brands, including Paper Mate, Sharpie, Dymo, EXPO, Parker, Elmers, Coleman, Marmot, Oster, Sunbeam, FoodSaver, Mr. Coffee, Graco, Baby Jogger, NUK, Calphalon, Rubbermaid, Contigo, First Alert and Yankee Candle. For hundreds of millions of consumers, Newell Brands makes life better every day, where they live, learn, work and play. Newell Brands and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and comply with applicable employment laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled are encouraged to apply.
Newell Brands is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We provide all employees and applicants for employment with equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship, immigration status, marital status, military status, any covered veteran status, disability status, genetic information, caregiving responsibilities or any other basis prohibited by law.
- Newell Brands Jobs