VMware Member of Technical Staff - Cloud Native Apps in Palo Alto, California
Business Summary: Cloud Native Apps, Pivotal Container Service (PKS)
VMware's Pivotal Container Service (PKS) is chartered with making vSphere, our flagship Software Defined Datacenter platform, the best platform for enterprises to run containerized workloads using Kubernetes, Docker, Cloud Foundry and other emerging container technologies. The PKS organization is seeking a highly motivated strong technical lead for the engineering team in Palo Alto. As a technical lead, you will help to lead a team of highly motivated engineers and deliver new innovations in a highly differentiated container management control plane. You are part of the PKS product team, responsible for a few PKS product components development. You will work closely with dev managers, product owners, product managers, QE. If you are a dynamic, highly-motivated person, who is looking for professional growth and is up for the challenge of building new disruptive technologies, this is the place for you.
The ideal candidate is someone with a proven software development background with experience in the successful delivery of high quality software projects. The UI backend or OVA knowledge will be a huge plus for this role. This candidate should also have experience with agile software development techniques, test driven development, and working in with hybrid and innovative SDLC methodologies. The ideal candidate will be highly technical, detail oriented with focus on implementation excellence as well as have significant project management expertise in large scale commercial enterprise product development. Experience and knowledge of the management of virtual and non-virtual data center environments is highly desirable.
• Hands on experience with Kubernetes, GCP, AWS
• BS or MS in Computer Science or related technical fields and 2+ years of related experience in the software industry
• Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
• Experience working across multiple geographical locations
• Knowledge of multiple software lifecycle methodologies including Agile and Waterfall
• Experience in scalable distributed systems in Go, C++, or or Java
• Excellent leadership, people management, communication and documentation skills
• Foster innovative environment with peers and staff
• Ability to discuss and provide architectural and technical guidance to a team of highly skilled engineers
• Experience in using vSphere and/or Virtual Center products, GCP, AWS, Azure
• Experience in delivering SaaS solutions
• Experience in using or delivering Cloud based services
• Knowledge of performance analysis and distributed systems
• Experience with Continuous Integration processes
• Customer/partners facing experience
This position is eligible for the JoinCNA at https://source.vmware.com/hr/Pages/Employee-Referral-JoinCNA.aspx referral campaign.
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.