Lockheed Martin Research Engineering Manager in Palmdale, California
Description: -- Manager, Power and Plasma Physics Systems --
-- Lockheed Martin Advanced Development Programs --
Lockheed Martin is seeking a first-line manager of Electrical Subsystems in its historic ADP - Skunk Works® division.
Primary responsibility for all aspects of staffing to ADP programs in the disciplines of Pulsed Power and Plasma Physics design and analysis in support of our Revolutionary Technology Programs (RTP) business area. Role requires defining staffing needs, selecting and assigning personnel to meet program needs, recruitment and selection of new employees, and terminations. Responsible for personnel management including training, mentoring, career development, performance and compensation, and promotions.
Secondary responsibilities may include the following:
- Support the development of technology plans and roadmaps
- Identify, pursue and manage internal and customer sponsored research and development programs
- Support ADP programs as an individual contributor providing direct technical support, proposal preparation, and program reviews
- Develop and manage tools, processes, training, and knowledge continuity efforts
- Prepare and deliver presentations to LM senior management and external customers.
Position may require travel to customer facilities and other LM sites. Good people skills as well as good oral and written communication skill are expected. A strong background in air vehicle development is expected. Experience as a manager with performance management and schedule /budget responsibility is desired. Experience in conceptual development is desired. Proposal development experience is desired. Significant experience in both full-scale aircraft development and technology research and development environments preferred.
***Must be a US Citizen. This position is located at a facility that requires special access and a Secret clearance to start.***
- Bachelor (or above) degree in an engineering or related
- Experience in an area of power/plasma system design
- Experience briefing customers or senior management
- Experience with research and development (IRAD, CRAD, etc)
***Requires special access and a Secret clearance to start.***
- Management experience
- Conceptual design experience
- Proposal development experience
- R&D project experience
- Experience leading a team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working ADP or similar programs, development
- Current Top Secret
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.