Lockheed Martin Strategic Planner Senior Staff / Market Research / Forecasting / Orlando, FL in Orlando, Florida
Description: Tactical & Strike Missiles (TSM) in Orlando is looking for a self-motivated individual with a diverse finance background. The selected individual will be comfortable with the decision support tools available to senior leaders in the company, and able to brief results to the TSM management team. The position facilitates Long Range Planning for Program Leads and performs and/or assists in financial analysis such as funding profiles, sales outlook, and variance analysis. Assists in the performance of schedule risk assessments to identify project cost and scheduling risks. Ensures adequate funding availability by maintaining accurate records of expenditures, directing preparation of expenditure projections, and submitting timely requests for additional funding into ETIP tool. Maintains awareness of outstanding work against each IRAD project to maintain realistic contract cost and schedule baselines. Streamlining predictive analysis models for IRAD/B&P allocations aligned with Strategic Campaign Initiatives and strategic reviews of staffing plan in the TSM 1-5 year plan. Develops materials reflecting Year 1 to Year 5 projections and actuals for the TSM Strategic Planning organization. Position directly involves data compilation and decision support for TSM Directors and VPs during the annual NBAE cycle and required orders reporting. Strategic Planning is responsible for S&BD internal communication and verification that funding, staffing, capital and facilities are aligned with the TSM long term strategy. Responsible for managing TSM NBAE ledger and accurate execution of annual NBAE budget. Perform ETIP and OCM oversight and management to include PoP, TRL maturity, IP, opportunities, compliance and data assertions. Acts as Phase 1 TSM approver to confirm execution in accordance with NBAE plans and minimize any overspend risks associated with TSM NBAE budget. Proactively identify and resolve issues with project finance analysts. Will be responsible for forecasting TSM orders, sales, profit, and cash flow. Will assist the program team and financial management in monitoring and tracking project expenditures, highlighting issues/concerns/trends to the project teams, and ensuring that project financial commitments are met. Will interact with a variety of project and financial management personnel and ensure conformance with company and program processes and procedures. Ensure quarterly that all financial deliverables are completed on time, and ensure an accurate final presentation for leadership. Responsibilities will include providing an inclusive environment, supporting LM values and the application of the Full Spectrum Leadership Imperatives. Candidate selected will be subject to a government background investigation and must meet eligibility requirements and ability to obtain a Secret clearance for access to classified information.
This Strategic Planning position supports Strategy & Business Development and the entire TSM enterprise.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develop, analyze, and monitor profitability, productivity, and growth metrics including market forecasts, orders and customer budgets.
- Support rollout of the new corporate sponsored eOMS (Opportunity Management System) tool and any TSM related pilot projects
- Coordinate and distribute DoD budget change documentation and analysis
- Liaison to all business units by providing open communication lines and support between Strategic Planning and their organizations.
Understanding of MFC products and processes
- Advanced MS Office skills (specifically Power Point and Excel)
- Demonstrated outstanding written and verbal presentation and communication skills
- Ability to think strategically
- Ability to organize and analyze data for key recommendations
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Ability to interact with and present data to executive level Senior Leadership
- Strong Business and Finance Acumen
- Ability to evaluate Competitive Research and Analysis
- Experience in doing Market Research, Forecasting, and Analysis
- Familiarity with MFC's New Business Opportunity process
- Experience with Business Tools & Software
- Experience providing & conducting training
- Experience presenting to Senior Leadership
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.