Latitude, Inc. Staff Accountant in Orlando, Florida
A small local manufacturer is looking for a degreed accountant who Is comfortable in a variety of job duties thatinclude insuring accuracy of and proper recording of weekly payroll, limited tax preparation (sales tax, monthlyand quarterly payroll returns) and filing and various accounting related job responsibilities. This is the perfectposition for the person who likes variety and enjoys working with people at all levels. A successful candidate willbe professional, motivated, and flexible with a natural inclination for collaboration.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES Include the following.
- Researches tax issues, analyzes applicable tax laws and documents conclusions in conjunction with local CPA firm.
- Reviews and analyzes financial statements.
- Prepares and submits Quarterly and Monthly Payroll Tax Returns.
- In house payroll processing from inception to completion WITH OUT the assistance of an outside source (i. e., ADP, Cerldian).
- Weekly tax filing and journal entries to accounting system.
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting a MUST.
- One year experience in a Public or Private Accounting position a MUST
- Solid understanding of payroll tax laws and calculations.
- Must be able to work with sensitive information by maintaining a high level of confidentiality and professionalism.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent/Advanced PC skills including Microsoft Excel, Macro and Word.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Ability to work independently, multi-task and willingness to learn new skills.
- Strong attention to detail.